“Something different”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
“Something different”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Skatter brained waitress but tasty sushi. And I don't get hassled for ordering my sushi with soy paper instead of seaweed. Great salads. Just a great place to experience Japanese food. We locals appreciate different than the usual steak and fries.

Custer, South Dakota
“Great food, Great service!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

It was such a wonderful experience! The service was absolutely wonderful and I wish I could remember her name! She helped us pick out a fabulous meal of miso soup, house salad, and a bento with teriyaki chicken, seared salmon, california roll, and rice. It was so good!!! Thank you! We will be back! And thank you for the clean bathrooms!

• Visited November 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Excellent sushi, obnoxious server.”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a lovely night out here, and despite some high prices, we were able to keep a bill just over $30 for two by ordering three rolls and splitting them. We were both stuffed by the end, and the food was fantastic. We sat at the counter, which was fun as the chef prepared many things in front of us. The view of what he is doing is obstructed, but another couple chatted him up about how he moved here from the Philippines, which was interesting to hear.

The downside to the evening was our self-proclaimed "professional waitress" who went on to anybody who would listen about how she tries the food and everything before applying for jobs at restaurants, blah, blah, blah. With all her chatter, she forgot to bring our drinks and our bill. She also chided us for not spending more and a few other things that were unnecessary. I'm not docking the restaurant too many points in this review, however, as I'm inclined to think her stay at Ichiban will be limited, especially if she's held positions at her young age in all the places she ranted about.

In short, great sushi. Go. Well worth the potential of a dim server.

• Visited July 2013
Elbert, Colorado
“Good sushi, friendly spot”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We didn't expect to find good sushi in South Dakota but this place was quite tasty. We have eaten sushi all over Japan and on the east and west coasts of the U.S., and this is right up there with our favorite places. The atmosphere is simple but clean, and the staff was great. We had our anniversary dinner here; we'll definitely stop back again.

Visited August 2013
Wilton, California
“Happy Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My sister was with us and we chose Ichiban for my Birthday Dinner. Winner! We had a variety of sushi and sashimi and I enjoyed everything I tried. The fish was very fresh, we sat at the bar and watched them make everything, very hygienic. I can't name what all we had but it was good!

• Visited May 2013

Been to Ichiban? Share your experiences!