“Happy Birthday Dinner”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My sister was with us and we chose Ichiban for my Birthday Dinner. Winner! We had a variety of sushi and sashimi and I enjoyed everything I tried. The fish was very fresh, we sat at the bar and watched them make everything, very hygienic. I can't name what all we had but it was good!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

You will never find better sushi in the local area than at Ichiban. The rolls are huge and reasonably priced, and the service is great! Can't ask for anything more, other than another roll to go!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Let me start by telling the people of Rapid City that if you want SUSHI go to a Japanese restaurant! Just don't go to this one. I was so disappointed with this restaurant that I left half my sushi on the plate. When I explained to the waitress that it smelled fishy, she gave me a funny look and walked away. A quick note to the owners; you do not serve Katsu-don, it has egg, onions, and a little bit of broth over rice. You serve Ton Katsu which is a fried pork cutlet.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Don't be put off by the decor, it's a bit diner-esque, but the food is fantastic. I worried that being in land-locked South Dakota, the fish might be a bit iffy, but there was no sign of anything being less than fresh and great quality. Try a variety of their rolls, but especially the Ichiban Rolls.

1  Thank failtedakota
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great little sushi place, good choices and the staff is helpful on choosing sushi rolls. Military friendly. Location is small, but nice