“Great service average sushi”
Review of Ichiban

Ichiban
Ranked #117 of 268 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hana's sushi out does Ichibans by a mile, however, the service is much much better. I do not remember our servers name but her and her sister worked there and they were both awesome and super sweet, because of these two I will be going back to Ichiban

There are newer reviews for Ichiban

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I come from a city of 5.3million. We have at least six world quality Sushi restaurants. So, it is a bit unfair to review a Sushi restaurant in Rapid City (pop. 70K) knowing excellent sushi as I do. BUT, these tripreviews are to give you a heads-up, and really folks, the quality of the food here was mediocre (2 stars). My Sushi combo plate ($9) included miso soup, salad & California roll. The miso soup was served lukewarm and was taken back to be microwaved. The California roll had way too much mayonnaise and fake crab – it was not a good roll. Finally, the salad, the best of the lot, had a salad dressing that was interesting but, well it was just a iceberg lettuce salad. Hey, I wish it would have been better, but really it is a 2 stars restaurant.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

the soup, salad, and california roll lunch special is over the top! The house dressing is this awesome peanut sauce that you shouldn't miss!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I travel frequently over the western half of the United States. I eat sushi at least once every week and have never found any better sushi than Ichiban. Very fast and friendly service. Great choice for dining out.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I are locals in the Rapid City area. Our favorite place to dine on a night out is the Ichiban because the food is always prepared consistently and it is always a good healthy meal that we can feel good about eating. The prices are moderate and the quality of food is tops. The chefs always make sure the food is prepared very delicately whether it be the seared salmon for dinner or the sushi anytime. The atmosphere is casual and very clean and comfortable. I also notice, as we are dining, that everyone seems happy with their experience. The servers are friendly, prompt and take time to explain menu items if you ask. I would highly reccomend the Ichiban for a relaxed night out!

Been to Ichiban? Share your experiences!