“Yummy”

Colonial House Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #12 of 265 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A family owned favorite for 36 years offering American cuisine for breakfast lunch and dinner. Be sure to try the South Dakota Buffalo, a delicious summer staple. Named ‘Best Favorite Restaurant’ by the RC Journal, the staff is devoted to community partnership and civic endeavors.
Reno, Nevada
“Yummy”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time i have been here. The first time it was late and they were very busy, but the food was good. They were out of the dessert i wanted to try. Tonight i had the flat iron beef steak with a whole roasted garlic on the side. It was very tasty and tender cooked to perfection. The custard bread pudding for dessert was awesome. I will diffently be back.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Good food and down home atmosphere”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We were seated right away at 5:30 on a Friday but it was starting to fill up quickly. Service was slow but the server was apologetic. We had an onion ring appetizer which was good. My boyfriend had the beer cheese soup which was delicious. They also brought out a load of bread with andouille sausage and hot sauce on top. For entrees, I had the salmon florentine linguine which was good and a huge portion; I took the majority home. My boyfriend had the prime rib which they cooked medium at his request and he enjoyed it. His mother had a salad with a breast of chicken; she thought the chicken was good but did not enjoy the salad. They had many desserts that all looked great but we were too stuffed to try any.

• Visited July 2014
Cheshire, England
“Friendly restaurant”
Reviewed July 26, 2014

This friendly local restaurant is adjacent to the Best Western hotel and is always full with locals enjoying the great cooking. We had breakfast and dinner here over three days and the service and food were excellent. Highly recommended.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Zeusco
“Excellent breakfast, fantastic service!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I used to go here often as a kid and have fond memories of it. Now I get to take my kid there and it hasn't changed a bit.

We stopped in for breakfast and I was not disappointed. Our waitress was super friendly, food came out quickly and tasted great!

I highly recommend eating here!

“Raised prices for tourist season”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I eat there often (well I used to). Noticed the "new" breakfast menu. I had 2 pieces of French toast, 2 Eggs, 2 slices of bacon, and coffee. With 3 dollar tip it cost me almost 18 bucks. Way overpriced and so not cool to gouge the out of towers and the collateral damage to us locals. Hello Millstone, same meal 6 bucks.

Kevin B, Owner at Colonial House Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
We did update our menus for the entire year however, we have kept several meals available to our guest at a great price. We have nine options available under our “Bob’s Bargain Breakfast” all under 6.99. We hope to see you in again soon, to try out one of our great options still at a reasonable price.