“Comfort food and friendly staff”

Colonial House Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #16 of 267 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A family owned favorite for 36 years offering American cuisine for breakfast lunch and dinner. Be sure to try the South Dakota Buffalo, a delicious summer staple. Named ‘Best Favorite Restaurant’ by the RC Journal, the staff is devoted to community partnership and civic endeavors.
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Comfort food and friendly staff”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Each item on the menu is made in-house by the kitchen staff. From the saucer-sized caramel rolls and cookies, french toast with choke cherry syrup on to the lunch and dinner items. The pies are made fresh daily and there are a good choice to choose from.

One of my favorite items is the humus platter. The humus has great flavor and has plenty of vegies to go with it.

As for the staff, they are friendly and helpful in making suggestions in case you have a hard time deciding what to choose off the menu.

• Visited April 2014

Charlottesville, VA
“Very good choice!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Picked this place based on TA reviews. Were not disappointed. I had chicken-fried steak with mashed and green beans. Excellent and the steak wasn't tough or stringy like one encounters elsewhere. Wife had a salad with Cajun chicken on it. Chicken was juicy and perfectly cooked, all ingredients were very fresh and the guac was excellent.
Try to save room for their large dessert selection.
Overall, a great choice.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Nortguy
Houston, Texas
“Definitely visit if in the area”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The food is good, with big portions. The interior is nice and our waiter was very nice and polite. I would really recommend coming here if you're visiting the area

• Visited May 2014
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
“Denny's/Shari's/Colonial House”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Don't get me wrong - my meal was good and the service was good, but nothing was FABULOUS. This was within walking distance of my hotel and it was recommended. I had a bowl of spaghetti that was good, but (shrug) it was SPAGHETTI. The waitress who waited on me was attentive. I had plans for super early in the morning, so on the way out I grabbed one of their bars from the bakery case (lemon, brownies, 7 layer, etc). SIX DOLLARS!!! I don't know that I would have gotten one if I'd known the price beforehand (in fact, I KNOW I wouldn't have), BUT it was delicious and I am STILL eating on it!

• Visited April 2014
Black Hills
“Great restaurant with a wonderful staff”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is some of the best food I've tasted if you're looking for down-home quality cooking! The staff is superb. They have some of the freshest food available and offer a wide variety of entrees.
You can't go wrong here!

• Visited February 2014