“Fun and tasty!”

Colonial House Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #11 of 268 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A family owned favorite for 36 years offering American cuisine for breakfast lunch and dinner. Be sure to try the South Dakota Buffalo, a delicious summer staple. Named ‘Best Favorite Restaurant’ by the RC Journal, the staff is devoted to community partnership and civic endeavors.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

The wait staff was very friendly here. The owner collects lots of different things, so lots to look at...home cooking...not overly noisy either...is in front of a Best Western, so there is lots of parking.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

The food is old school and mouth watering. The breakfast is the best in my opinion. The service is friendly and really accommodate kids. It's usually very busy, so get there at the right time or wait in line.

1  Thank StacyB622
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

The entire staff was friendly and the food was excellent and a great value. But even better was the dessert selection and taste. The Snicker'd Pie was one of the best desserts I've ever had. The pies and carrot cake were also excellent. The server and manager even gave us a pie for free because of my in-laws 40th anniversary. This kind of unexpected kindness really elevates a restaurant from good or great to fantastic and memorable.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We are on an east to west coast trip. Decided to have dinner here upon reading prior reviews. Usually the reviews are a good reference point but not with this restaurant. We had to wait 10 minutes even though tables were empty. Then we were seated right next to a very large group and me and my husband could not have a decent conversation without yelling at each other. So this is not a date night/evening place at all. I had the Liver and Onion with mashed potatoes and it was ok but not great. My husband had asked for water and a beer and we had to remind the waitress to bring the beer after 15 minutes. My husband had the salmon and a baked potato. The salmon was not fresh and i personally think chain restaurants do a better job. The baked potato was the smallest we had ever seen. We ordered key lime pie to go and the slice was literally a joke. We shared it because thats what we do but even for one person it was very very small. I would not recommend this restaurant and will not come here again if we come back this way.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Wonderful pie and superb bison burgers. Locally owned ad]nd run for over 30 years. A bit cheesy looking form the outside, but press on...