“good lunch”
Review of Enigma Restaurant

Enigma Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Enigma Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 264 Restaurants in Rapid City
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rushmore Road/ Main Street
Description: South Dakota's top fine dining destination offering internationally inspired organic cuisine. Enigma Restaurant located downtown, provides the perfect location, atmosphere & cuisine for your first meeting of the day over breakfast, your high powered lunch meeting, your night on the town or for that very special occasion. The Enigma Restaurant, a AAA three diamond restaurant, is located at the New Adoba Eco Hotel Rapid City/ Mt. Rushmore. Enigma, is one of the finest of Rapid City restaurants featuring elegant dining, specialty drinks fine organic wines & stylish service. Guests can enjoy our signature "Mystery Dinner" and daily specials. Enigma Restaurant serves: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Room Service is available for Hotel guests 6:30am-9pm. Part of the Enigma Restaurant is our, 445 Lounge, a non-smoking, upscale lounge, offering delicious martinis with premium vodkas, fine wines, organic beers, great music and a fun relaxing atmosphere.
Marion, Il
“good lunch”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stopped here for lunch and had a Monte Cristo sandwich with a raspberry jalapeno sauce, which was excellent. Service was so-so.

Visited September 2013

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Better than most recent reviews”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Enigma went through a management change at the beginning of the summer of 2013. Many of the familiar faces are gone and we, too, took a several month hiatus. We returned this week and were pleased to be greeted by a former host, Peggy, and enjoyed a great meal. We had the salmon creeps, Caesar salad, and beef fillet, all done perfectly. We now stay away from the crab cakes as, sadly, they no longer use fresh crab. Back in the day they were the best that could be found anywhere! It's gratifying Enigma is able to keep up with their food quality. Finding a new staff that will sustain their tradition of excellence will be the challenge.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Rutman
Fort Morgan, Colorado
“Excellent place for a great meal!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We enjoyed the full breakfast buffet. Not just cold, but scrambled eggs, variety of breakfast meats, country potatoes, biscuits & gravy, choice of several hot and cold cereals, fruits and pastries. They have it all! AND, I had three lunches while attending a conference at this hotel. All were delicious!

Visited August 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
“won't go back”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I have eaten at the Enigma many times and have hosted out of town guest and had birthday dinners their. Have always been very happy with the food and service. We brought some relatives from Norway their a few weeks ago. Very disappointed with the food. We had built it up as one of the best places to eat and nobody was happy. Everything was over cooked and dry. I ordered the buffalo burger and it crumbles into pieces when I tried to cut it. The portions were tiny and tasteless. Obviously not a chef in the kitchen! I don't mind spending a little more money for great food but I will not be going back for dinner.

• Visited July 2013
6 Thank Amy Y
rapid city, sd
“Good Ideas, Not Well Executed”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This restaurant has an ambitious menu, and prices to match. However, they don't execute the menu items very well. I was actually here for a dinner conference where we were encouraged to order an appetizer, salad, and dinner. For the appetizer, I ordered their gnocchi. I was disappointed from the first bite. The gnocchi was overcooked and mushy. The sauce was not salted at all, and there was--literally--about a quarter teaspoon of sour cream on top. Not nearly enough. They did give you a generous portion, the problem was that you didn't really want to eat it! I ordered their version of the Caeser salad, and I have to say this was the best part of my meal. They took about a half head of romaine and grilled it, then put the dressing and fresh grated parmesan on and served it with a piece of French bread. This was actually quite good. I then had their steak with peppercorn sauce and pommes frites. I ordered the steak medium, it came medium well (all of our steaks were overcooked). The sauce had so many peppercorns that it was near to inedible. I had to pick them out. The "pommes frites" were bagged fries that they threw on the plate and put some seasoning on. They tasted okay, but were hardly special. For the price (the steak alone was $38) it just wasn't worth it. It would have been if the food had been cooked correctly, but it was not. I can say I am glad that I didn't pay for this meal, and that I will not be going back to do that. There are other restaurants in town with good menus who actually serve good meals. Also, we had several flies in our dining area, when someone said something to the waiter he was very nonchalant and said "oh yeah, its fly season." Was not impressed with the waiter, he did not refill our drinks in a timely manner if we had iced tea or soda (you know, the ones with free refills) but jumped right on the folks who were drinking alcohol! All around, not a great experience.

• Visited July 2013