Black Forest Inn Bed and Breakfast
$114
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$129
QualityInn
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$189
$161
CambriaHotels
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$127
SleepInn
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$245
Curio.com
  • Restaurant
$189
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$179
$135
$159
ComfortSuites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$174
Travelocity
All reviewshill cityideal locationon site restaurantb b'sbreakfast was delicioustwo nightswe loved our stayrooms are largeour night staysturgis motorcycle rallynice stayarea attractionscuster state parkeach morningmount rushmorea great place to stayhosts
Reviewed September 23, 2012

For $157.00 a room per night, this place was a rip off. We have stayed at other bed and breakfasts in the Black Hills and this was a disappointment. First off, the owners had an employee that had a pit bull running around loose that growled at all the guests checking in. Second, in chasing said pit bull around to chain him/her up, she cursed a blue streak in front of guests. Third,we were told that since we had to leave earlier (8AM) in the morning, breakfast was unavailable to us. We would be provided with frozen breakfast sandwiches instead. The room was fair, but was not worth the price charged, very dusty and sort of shabby. I've stayed in Comfort Inns with nicer rooms for half the price. No soap in the showers. Good thing we packed our own.

Maybe its my own fault I didn't research my B and B's better. Silly me to think I would have a good experience here.

Bottom line-am I expecting too much in this day in age? What happened to "the customer is always right?" Don't people stay at B and B's to have more customized service? Do we pay large sums of money for substandard services? HIGHLY advise people to not stay here.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money at Black Forest Inn-look somewhere else (see above review).
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobrohla
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We finished our Colorado tour here after two weeks and we are trying to stretch that out some more after coming here.We just loved our stay and the mountain views. The place puts you in a different state of mind and refreshes you. We had a wonderful stay and only regret having to leave.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James P
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here 2 nights, in two different rooms and couldn't have been happier. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfy. The hot tubs were awesome, and the food was incredible. The Bistro restaurant was delicious, and the service was friendly and fun. Call in advance if you have dietary restrictions - the chef bought me special foods for breakfast. Best vegan french toast and sausage I've ever had! Wish I had some right now...Cindy is friendly and everyone is extremely helpful, but not overbearing. Just the right kind of balance for B&B. Could not recommend more highly!! - Nora and Mike

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our first trip to South Dakota and our friends found the Inn on the web. The owners, Cindy and Isaac are wonderful people and they will make you feel like family. We loved the location and our rooms were very comfortable.
The food is excellent. I am gluten and dairy free. And for breakfast, I would get a very tasty breakfast that was gluten and dairy free.
The Bistro is very convenient for dinner. The menu is amazing. We had a fabulous dinner.
The staff is friendly and helpful. The Inn is about 10 minutes from a gas station and a couple of restuarants. And 30 minutes to Mount Rushmore. I recommend the Black Forest Inn to everyone.

Room Tip: Lover's Loft is on the 2nd floor with a renovated bathroom, beautiful views and an indoor Jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at a B&B nearby, and we ate dinner at the Bistro on the Terrace twice during our 5 day tour of the Black Hills. The terrace had a European ambiance, the atmosphere was relaxed and the staff were very pleasant. We enjoyed our meals there very much. The wine was also good, and reasonably priced. Best restaurant we tried in the Black Hills!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple