“felt like royalty”

Best Western Ramkota Hotel
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
“felt like royalty”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

they really treated us well, we could not believe when they found out it was our anniversary and up graded our room, then gave us a complimentary bottle of wine w/ chocolates. wow, who does that. they do!!! very happy with our room and stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thomas P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
2006ta,

Thank you for taking the time to write. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your anniversary and that our hospitality was able to play a part in that. I will pass on your appreciation to our staff. We look forward to having you return for another visit.

tkraft@ramkotarc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
rapid, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2014

spent over 2 hours trying to check in and when i got to the front of the line i was given no reason why it took so long and the service was extremely rude did not even look me in the eyes no comp no free breakfast not even a discount or an apology

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thomas P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Andrew D,

I would like to apologize for the delay in check in you experienced. On the weekend in question, the entire Rapid City area took on a vast unforeseen amount of travelers. Our hotel, felt this strain at check in and staffing the most. We tried our best that day to quickly get rooms ready and people checked in. But as in any task, with quickness an amount of quality is sacrificed. Once again I would like to apologize for the guest service you experienced. I will say this is not the typical check in scenario.
I hope to have you stay with us again, so we may prove a better guest service.

Buffalo, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The hotel is very nice and well maintained. Fantastic restaurant. Parking was secure. Staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. Additionally, we had our dog with us and they did not have any problem putting us I a nice room that had no evidence of other pets. Competitively priced too.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thomas P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dennis J,

Thank you for your comments. I'm glad to read you enjoyed the restaurant and the hotel amenities. I will pass your appreciation on to the staff. We do our best to meet each guest's accommodations, whether it be pets, first floor, airport shuttle, etc. We also hope to see you back again and appreciate you taking the time to write us.

wyo
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Our club booked this hotel for a youth group trip that we take annually. The rooms were very nice and beds were some of the best I have ever slept in. We stayed in the old part of the hotel and found our rooms very easy. We were all booked together which made it nice so we could all visit with each other. The kids loved the water park with is FREE to guests! What a change from the the nickel and dime run around you get from the other hotel/waterpark in town. The smaller kids loved the slides and wading pools and they bigger kids went across the hall to the swimming pool and hot tub. It had something for the little tiny ones to enjoy and the bigger kids and adults could enjoy swimming and lounging in the hot tub. They even allowed the kids to stay later in the water park than advertised. Everything was smooth and couldn't have been better from reservation, I called the Hotel directly and got a EXTREMELY good rate, to check in and check out. We had none of the problems we experienced with the other hotel we used to stay in with all the mix ups. Very professionally managed. I would definitely stay here again! Loved the HOT tub! They also offer free shuttle service for around town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Rockymtncowgrl,

Thank you for sharing your appreciation with us. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed a comfortable stay and a great hotel experience. Our indoor waterpark and pool accommodates kids of all ages and seems to be a favorite with the majority of our guests. We hope your travels brings you back this way again. We would love to have you here for another great stay.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to comment and letting us know how we are doing.

Williston, North Dakota
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Booked for march 28&29, they changed it to feb 10, I was no where near the area. Double check your confirmation as they like to reset your dates if you book online. Won't give me my money back or anything. Definitely will not stay there in march when I wanted to or they'd probably put me down for yet another night I don't want to be there! Watch these crooked people!

• Stayed February 2014
Thomas P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Tnolz86,

It's unfortunate to hear about this mix up. We do charge one night's cost for un-used reserved rooms held. This is due to the missed opportunity to be able to rent the room.

To follow up further, I did research and it shows the reservation was made through Best Western, as your comments mentioned. However, when booking online the information entered in is directly as you enter it. Our reservation system shows no changes since it was created. This means the dates were entered as is when reserved on line. We at the hotel have no way of knowing what dates you actually meant and have to take it on fact that you did review your confirmation prior to submitting.

I am upset to hear about this, however, it is more upsetting to have our friendly staff be categorized as "crooked" when they had no part in your reservation process. I can agree that if anything is learned from this, it is to "double check your confirmation".

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have stayed at many Best Westerns, this one was by far the best yet. For the the price I will even go as far to say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at.The staff went out of there way to make sure we were comfortable, and even held the water slid open late for us. The only thing more wonderful than the terrifying water slide is the hot tub in the room.

• Stayed February 2014
Thomas P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
wsala,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay. We do our best to make each guest's stay the best we can and I'm glad to hear it does not go unnoticed. I will also pass on your comments and appreciation to the hotel staff. We look forward to having you back again for another outstanding experience.

Jonesboro, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Hotel was very good for the price and location. Huge place and well mantained. I would definitely stay at this location if ever in Rapid City again. The indoor pool park is only for kids, no big deal, just sharing if you think it is for older kids and adults.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thomas P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Ramkota Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Johnny T,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience. I'm glad we were able to make your first impression of Rapid City a good one. The kids do love our waterpark features. But we also have some "big kids" that enjoy our 165 foot waterslides, too. We hope to see you back in the Black Hills area again soon.