“Impressive at this price range”

GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Quiet, convenient location!

Very friendly, professional staff. VERY!

Room was spotlessly cleaned during our stay and quite comfortable. Only minor quibble is that shampoo, soap etc.were not replenished during our (3 people, 4 day) stay. On day 3, I had to request supplies from the front desk. Staff very promptly gave me what I needed (more than what I needed), but it's annoying to need to ask. Truly a minor quibble though!

Breakfast was more than adequate...waffles, cereal, muffins and other breads, bacon or sausage, yogurt, fruit. There are only 4-5 tables and I can see where it might get a bit crowded during peak tourist season, but one can always take food back to one's room, or go outside.

I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City

Reviewed November 6, 2011

It was very horrible experience. I will never stay here again. Your family can't even visit you while you stay in your suite.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank art m
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I booked one night online because I didn't want to get locked in a room I didn't like! When I checked out 6 days later I was sad to go! They extended my stay in the same room, same rate, including a Saturday night when they were booked! I left my cell # at the desk in case there was a cancellation and it worked. This place worked so good for my needs! I could fix my food on the stove top and plan ahead because of the full size fridge. The staff was great and helpful. I think I talked to all of them. Housekeeping was as good, any time I needed something all I had to do was ask and it happened. I stayed on the second floor near the pool! I could hear the kids playing, but I like kids and it would quiet down soon enough. The bed was very good and I slept well. The breakfast looked good, but I stopped eating hotel or restaurant food, but the coffee was good and I did cop some bacon when it was there. One day would be meat and eggs, the next biscuits and gravy! everything was pretty standard fare, milk, cereal, etc. The location was good and found everything in town I needed with ease. Don't shop at the Safeway downtown. Go to Walmart or catch the Safeway on the south side of town on the way back from points south. I plan on coming back to Grand Stay because it was excellent! If you need perfect quiet, a big pool with a cabana, a hot rock massage, this isn't your place. It was kind of like living in an apartment! You can hear people coming and going and the odd thump, but I only noticed it during the day. Life happens! If you need a clean comfortable room at a good price that just makes everything easy! This is it! I didn't feel like I was paying for a bunch of stuff I didn't use or need. See ya next year!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank LightingBolts
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Ended up here afer booking the Hilton Garden Inn on Expedia. Arrived at HGI and they had no reservation and were overbooked ;o( It was a great save. Very friendly staff, showed us to our room. Very clean and comfortable. Will stay again! Thanks for saving us! Would be great for families or extended stays - had a gas grill on patio if you wanted to grill out.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights. Much like the place we stayed in Denver, I'd find it hard to put my finger on any faults. Staff were friendly, room was clean and came with a kitchen which was handy. Breakfast was ok, but since it's free you can't really complain about it (and was infinitely better than the Ihop next door).

If I ever found myself in Rapid City again, I'd be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed in a one bedroom suite for 3 nights after Labor Day. Though the kitchen had only a 2 burner cook top without oven, it was more than adequate for our cooking needs. A lack of a kitchen exhaust fan caused us some concern about triggering the smoke alarm, but we had no problems. The room was clean, nicely sized, and except for some minor "patter" of kids feet in the hall above, quiet.. We did not expect daily maid service in an extended stay facility, but it was provided without asking. The buffet breakfast was more than adequate with a hot dish, waffles,cereal, and the usual bagels, toast, juices.
Though we had minimal contact with the staff members, they were all friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We stayed at GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City during our Summer vacation. It is a central place to drive to a lot of interesting places such as Badlands National Park, Mount Rushmore, Wall Drug Store (this is a lot of fun), Chief Crazy Horse Memorial, Devils Tower in Wyoming (must see), Wind Cave National Park, Custer State Park (actually my favorite SD park of all as it has so much wildlife and unbelievable sightseeing’s), Bear Country (a drive through wildlife park) Deadwood and Lead (both in the Black Hills). Also it is very close by to Rapid City, a surprisingly nice city. All the presidents statues in this city makes it a lot of fun just to stroll through it. It is very clean, and the people are just really nice.
The hotel itself has a inside pool and the rooms are pretty large and very family friendly. It included breakfast. The hotel has no bar or restaurant, but there are plenty around. Overall I would recommend this place, but just be aware that going to all these places I described (and there are a lot of other places to visit too!) will require a lot of driving. To me it was all worth it and we had a great vacation!

Room Tip: Book ahead
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family