“Our "go to place"”

Minerva's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #14 of 264 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Our "go to place"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

When we want something good that won't totally break the bank this is where we go. Service always good and food is too.

• Visited March 2014

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Great food!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

We ate here before a wedding and it was wonderful! Great food, extensive menu, great wine selection. It was great!

Visited February 2014
Tucker, Georgia
“Double Date on Valentine's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

About a month ago, I had made reservations for a double date with some friend to have Valentine' dinner at Minerva's. Recently, when people found out we were going to Minerva's, we were asked multiple times if we had made reservations, with our plans being on Valentine's. Of course! And with good reason! My boyfriend and our married friends arrived early for our 6:30 reservations. While we were checking in, I peeked over the podium and I was able to see the list of servers that were on tonight. I was looking looking for one - Seth. He was on, which brought me great joy! We were told it couldn't be guaranteed, but they would try to get our request in to be served by Seth, and it would still be closer to our 6:30 reservation time before they could seat us. This is understandable. I've worked food service before, so I know the majority of the ins and outs. While we were waiting, Seth actually passed us by in the front entry way, and he recognized us! Having only been there once a few months ago, I didn't think it was possible, but it was very exciting that he did recognize us and was very pleased to see us!

When we did get seated, Seth did take our table. While Seth went off to get our drinks, another server, Michael, came by to introduce himself to be at our service. I guess there was a small bit of confusion, but all was well! We all got to laugh a little about it (and give Michael props) when Seth came back.

The meal was fantastic! Seth even remembered that Jacob had ordered the Hunter's rib eye the previous visit and yes, Jacob ordered it again. The asparagus and mashed potatoes under my Filet mignon were delicious. The crab cakes our friends ordered were magnificent and was not imitation crab. The cheesecakes! The triple cheesecake platter on the Valentine's special was the best! I think my favorite of them was the butterscotch banana one! Yum!

Second visit I've ever been here, and it is all worth it! The service, the atmosphere, the food. Again - we WILL be returning!

• Visited February 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Exceptionally good restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

On a recent visit I ordered a classic cocktail, a Manhattan, and it was perfectly mixed. They offered a good selection of wines by glass at reasonable prices. I had a sirloin steak with Bernaise sauce. It was cooked exactly as I order it and it was very tender and flavorful. Service was attentive but no overbearing. A great restaurant offering American cuisine in a relax and refined atomosphere.

Visited January 2014
Mandeville, Louisiana
“Just Average in Rapid City”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

We tried Minerva's because it was close to our hotel and looked pretty upscale. It was nicely decorated and we were promptly seated. Service was very good. The food was just average. Good salad bar. The fish tacos had almost no fish in them.

• Visited June 2013