“Great location; clean; just not exactly a "suite"”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #30 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Fort Lauderdale
“Great location; clean; just not exactly a "suite"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2009

When I think of a suite, I think of a hotel room where I can close a door and my kids are teamed up on a sleepsofa, and my wife and I have some privacy. While this hotel didn't deliver this, they delivered everything else.

Everything else included a great waterpark attached (for a fee), breakfast, a clean room, and a great location right off of the highway (but quiet).

This was a great selection, and I would recommend this hotel to families travelling with kids. Just don't expect the privacy door.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Portland, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2009

Marriott/Fairfield markets this property as having a 'water park'. They don't tell you it is a seperate business that costs additional $$ for each participant. The water park also opens late and closes early. My daughter was physically kicked off her tube on one of the slides by a teenager. My son also had trouble with older kids on the slides. Although the staff knew what was going on they had no control over the situation. The front desk staff was rude and disinterested in doing their job on several occasions. I have stayed at many Marriott properties. This is by far the worst I have ever experienced.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Daylight4449
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2009

Nice, newer hotel in a good location. Just a 25 min drive to Mt Rushmore. Hotel is attached to a 30,000 sq ft water park that is designed primarily for children, so expect a lot of traffic on the ground floor. We had a 3rd floor room that was quiet, clean and comfortable. Room didnt have a refrigerator though, which seems odd when compared with other hotels in this price/class range. Only two places to eat are nearby: Arbys and McDonalds, which was fine with us. The snack shop in the arcade had surprisingly good food and was relatively reasonable.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

We got to Fairfield Inn/Watiki after a long drive from central MN...our reward to the kids for sitting in the truck for the long drive. We got checked in and couldn't change into our swimsuits fast enough. The Watiki waterpark that is shared between the Fairfield and the La Quinta is fabulous. Our whole family enjoyed every bit of the waterpark. I, as a parent, appreciated the rubber floor---didn't have to worry about the kids slipping. We stayed for two nights and had a blast! (wish we could've stayed longer but the rooms were fully booked) The rooms were nice, the beds were heavenly and the hot complimentary breakfast was good, too. Thanks Fairfield, for great "Watiki" memories.

Burnsville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

We had a very nice room. The hotel is modern and in very good shape. My only complaint was that the hotel advertised a pool, but when we got there they don't have a pool per se. They are attached to a very nice water park, but it costs extra to go to the waterpark ($12/person and $6 to watch)

1 Thank SonofAslan
Cumming, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2009

We were on a family road trip and we chose this hotel specifically because it has a great indoor water park. We were definitely happy with this portion of our time at the hotel.

The stay itself could have been good, but there were a few issues that ruined our overall experience. All the issues occurred on the morning of our departure (we only stayed one night).

When my wife woke up, she decided to shower right away. Unfortunately, the bath tub drain was almost completely blocked. It was so blocked that 45 minutes later, when it was my turn to shower, most of the water was still in the bath tub! Since we were in a hurry to get going, I had no choice but to use the shower in its current condition.

We then went downstairs for the continental breakfast. The place was really packed and we had to wait for a little wait for a table to free up. I also felt that it was a bit of a "jungle" in the breakfast area (i.e.: people cutting in front of others, rushing to get to the food, etc.). I presume that I was already a bit biased by my shower incident, so any small annoyance was amplified.

After breakfast, I checked-out. I expressed my concern to the clerk about the bath tub drain being clogged. I politely asked how the cleaning crew could not even notice it since they need to use water to clean the tub. As I was talking, the clerk did not once make eye contact with me - I guess she was too busy typing. After I was done talking, she simply said "I am sorry that his happen and I will inform the maintenance about it."

We will not be back at this hotel.

West Hollywood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2009

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay with my friends recently at this Fairfield Inn. The staff was very welcoming and showed us how to get around and which sites to see and which restaurants to visit. They had excellent recommendations and showed us the areas with local flare. Will definately stay here again!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#9 of 51 in Rapid City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!