“Uncomfortable”

Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
South Dakota
“Uncomfortable”
Reviewed June 17, 2009

I made a reservation through priceline with a great price for one night. When I arrived at the Fairfield Inn I approached the desk and said I had a reservation. There was three clerks behind the desk. I think one was a manager, the other a clerk in training and the third was a trainee. I gave them my name and the manager gave me a funny look. I advised them that I had my confirmation and gave them the paper from priceline. The manager told the clerk in training "oh with these....priceline deals you have too" and she was looking at me with a disgusted look as she was talking. At that point I didn't know if my reservation was going to be honored but it was. I felt very uncomfortable by her actions. We checked in, the room was nice and clean but the bathroom was a little dirty. I hated to ask got them to clean it as I might get another "death look". I later went to purchase some waterpark tickets and when the manager saw me I got the same disgusted look. I brushed it off as I didn't want that to ruin my one night getaway. Later that evening I went to get some clean towels and a different manager was on and he to gave me disgusted look when I asked for towels. Maybe all this has to do with the color of my skin. That maybe the last time I stay there and give them my business.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank sicangu007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
UK
Reviewed June 16, 2009

We were over from the UK and making a trip to Crazy Horse and booked this the day before. Prioce was quite high compared to other hotels considering the star rating but having the Water Park was worth it. The staff were lovely and helpful, breakfast was slightly disappointing compared to the another Marriott we stayed at with very violent looking pink and purple yoghurts!

Water Park was excellent but I think anything longer than a couple of hours would be too much.

Only strange thing was that we had to make up our sons bed on the sofa bed!? The rest of the room was lovely

Having said that we would stay there again

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Charlotte
Reviewed May 29, 2009

The facility itself is fairly nice. We had a tough time finding it because it wasn't on google maps or tomtom. The rooms were fine, except there is no fridge. The bathroom is spacious, but the fan doesn't work. There was a track team above us stomping on the floor - we had to ask management twice to take care of it. Also, the breakfast is pathetic. Other than that, its fine

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Gifford
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Stayed here for one night, after arriving quite late into Rapid City Airport. Fairly easy to find and avoids having to navigate through the city. Good, clean room and courteous welcome. I did not use the water park. Breakfast was the usual fare but as good if not better than rival hotel chains. Would likely use again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed May 11, 2009

Got to admit room was clean and bed was comfortable.
This is a non smoking hotel. When we opened the door to our room we smelled tobacco smoke. I have read horror stories of people being charged when they didn't smoke in a room. So I went back down to the front desk and explained I could smell smoke. She she someone else did too and they sprayed the room thinking it would be OK. I didn't want to be charged $250.00 after we left so I asked to be changed to another room. The TV didn't work. Called front desk and was told to unplug and replug the TV which we pulled out the desk it was on and did so. The TV came on.
I left my husband watching TV to some laundry. It was a front loader that didn't work. It filled up with water, then agitated for 4 seconds and quit. About 2 minutes later it agitated again for a 4 seconds. It kept doing that. I was in a panic because I couldn't get my clothes out.of the machine. They were going to call in the maintainence man but the timer started counting down and got to 0 and then the door openedd. So, I carried the wet clothes to the first floor to the other guest laundry so I could dry them. I didn't care if they were clean or not.
Finally, got back to my room to watch some TV. Every 10 or 15 minutes the TV changed chanels all by itself. So, I gave up and went to bed.
I expect things to go wrong. But the management didn't seem to care, which is also normal. They think we are traveling and won't be back. But we have to go back through Rapid city on our way home. I also booked two rooms because we are traveling with friends. So, they lost my future business. I am also a marriott rewards member. If they had seemed to care I probably wouldn't have cared so much either.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Wyoming
Reviewed February 21, 2009

This hotel is located on the far east side of Rapid City. Limited places to eat close by, other than fast food. The new Cabela's store is very close though! The hotel also provides easy access to the airport.

This property is co-located with another hotel and a water park between then, which is great for families. The place is packed when in operation. This translates to the noise.
Kids running up and down the halls and in the elevators.

The rooms are clean and comfortable with a good selection of tv channels. The also have a decent breakfast in the morning. I had no complaints, but not a place if you like lots of peace and quiet.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed February 19, 2009

We had a great time at the Fairfield and Watiki Waterpark. The waterpark was not crowded at all on weeknights. For the first hour, we were actually the only people there! The slides are fun and my kids had a wonderful time. The hotel was a great deal. We only paid $64/night for a extended King Room with two TV's, and sofa bed. The rooms are very clean, comfortable, and new.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
#7 of 51 in Rapid City
Country Inn Rapid City
Country Inn Rapid City
#8 of 51 in Rapid City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!