“Fairfield Inn and Suites”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Another wonderful hotel in Rapid City. Reasonable rates. Even on week-end, the hotel honored a reduced walk-in rate from hotel.com coupon book.

Great access to onsite restaurant.

Friendly service, large and clean rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed at the Fairfield on Jan. 27 2014. We have stayed here many times before and the
staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are always clean and also the lobby and breakfast area. I never eat much breakfast but it is always good. Anyone wanting a big breakfast can certainly have their choice. The hotel has easy access to the interstate and has restaurants close by. I highly recommend this hotel for a pleasant stay.
Sylvia Schmidt
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

Room Tip: In any hotel always stay on a top floor. Have a room that is not close to elevators or vending mach...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We went as a group to this hotel to stay for a trip for the kids to participate in a youth day. They wanted this hotel because of the water park that is attached. Because the club was paying for it I filled out a credit card form to be kept on file. When the first people got there the credit card form could not be found and they had to keep insisting that they get a room. Finally got that taken care of and the rest of the group arrived and got checked in and they used someone elses credit card for the rooms so we had to sort that out. I am wondering why I even bothered filling that out as there seems to be no communication between booking and the front desk and the front desk even said that booking needed to leave some notes and not just a file laying there. Then there was the room with the bedbugs, I will say that they moved the family and washed everything that could be washed and dry cleaned the rest. When the sheets were pulled back the mattress had been cut and you could see where it had been pulled back so they were obviously an issue in this room before (room 108). Why cut a mattress and not just replace it?Our room had the thermostat out of the heater so we either baked or froze. The rooms were spotless and I could not find any signs of dirt or bugs in ours, mattress was comfortable and towels were fluffy (room 101). The breakfast was very good with more then the usual cereal and toasted stuff there was sausage, scrambled eggs and waffles. A very good selection of yogurts, cereals and drinks. Very nice coupons came with the rooms to use in the restaurant and bar there. There were some bumps but we overcame them and the stay was overall a average stay nothing excellent and nothing so bad we would not come back, except for the one family who had to deal with the bedbugs and they will not stay in another hotel ever again. The rest of us feel that this is something that you will more then likely have to deal with if you are going to travel at some time in your life and the hotels are going to have them at some time. I still am wondering at the mattress being cut up and still being used though? Definitely needs some work on some of these issues but way better managed then the last time we stayed as a group there two years ago and it has been remodeled. This was the only reason we came back was new management and the remodel. Undecided for next years trip though.

Room Tip: Look on the bedbug reports and try to stay away from those rooms that have a record. We stayed in ro...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank rockymtncowgrl
fairfieldgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. I want to apologize for the unfortunate incident with one of your rooms that had to experience having a bed bug in the room. These things are an unfortunate part of the hotel business and we absolutely missed catching this one before guests were checked into this room. We do have a very effective system to prevent these things and I have stepped up our efforts to ensure that we do not have this problem again.

We have also made sure that we have the correct communication between our sales office and the front desk so we do not have any issues with getting the wrong information at check in.
Again I want to extend my sincerest apologies for the issues that you and your group had during your stay. I was glad to see that you did have some enjoyable time with us and hope that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Mostly a typical Fairfield but nice, newer amenities. They have an attached indoor waterpark and they give you some nice coupons when you check in-including 2 free drinks at the bar!

Good location right off I 90, friendly staff and a very attractive rate make this an above average excellent choice

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Andy S
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this hotel while driving through the area. I was really pleased with my stay. We arrived late, and the desk clerk even honored a lower price on the outdoor marquee! The property is like new. The beds were invitingly clean and comfortable. Given the price, we were quite pleased. To top it off, a hot breakfast of scrambled eggs and sausage was available, along with many other items. I would definitely stay here again! A+

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given one on one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We chose to stay here overnight before our flight back east after a trip to Chadron Nebraska. I am a huge fan of the Marriott Brand and tend to really like the quality I get with Fairfield Inn and Suites. Once again I was not disappointed. The beds were amazing and very comfortable. There is also an attached waterpark, which looked like a ton of fun. We ate at a pizza place just outside of the park and it was actually rather good. I highly recommend this place. The staff are amazing as always!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

I came here to stay with my family for the weekend. From the time I went to check in, the assistant general manager made me feel more like a guest instead of just a person walking into book a room. The hotel itself and rooms were very clean and nice. The waterpark is very noce and also extremely clean. The one thing that really stood out was how incredible the customer service was inside this hotel. Not only the general manager but all of the employees. When I went to go up to the front desk to purchase our waterpark tickets I accidentally dropped $200 out of my pocket. About 10 minutes later I received a call from the front desk asking me to come up and then they asked me if I was missing any money, I checked and realize what had happened. The ladies at the front desk just smiled and said we're just glad we found it to give it back to you.

This is the kind of hotel that you stay at and it makes your whole weekend
I will absolutely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014