“Not for Business”

Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Not for Business”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Booked a 3night stay here, would not recommended it for a business stay it is connected to a indoor water park I did not realize this when I booked it . At check in I asked for a king bed and was told they did not have any more that they were sold out . I came back down to the front desk later they were people checking that did not have reservations and were being given king beds. I had a a double room that was very small. Had to call down and have housekeeping come up and clean the desk chair it was total nasty with stains. There was a bit of noise at times in the hallway with kids , this should be expected though since they were usually very excited about going to the water park.
At check out the next morning I ask to speak to the manager and honestly I don’t think he cared at all . I checked out early an when retuning to Rapid City the next day I stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and had a great stay .

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Can't say enough about how great the staff at the front desk were. Upon our arrival after a long drive from Cody, WY we were greeted by Kayla and Ashley. They were both friendly and eager to please. The cot I had asked for earlier was already waiting in our room for us. The hotel was recently renovated so we thought it best to mention it that the chair in our room was torn and the handle on the night table was broken. Kayla and Ashly D. were very apologetic and offered to change us to a different room. We only mentioned it so there wasn't any question as to when the room was damaged, but they were so accommodating and wanted us to be completely satisfied and did not want us to stay in a room with damage to the furniture. We were upgraded to a much better room, which thrilled our three kids! They were even quick to realize that we had requested a "down free" room due to allergies and swapped out our bedding within a few minutes! The hotel is clean and conveniently located to all area attractions. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fort Collins
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Room was Super 8 quality. I thought for the price it was pretty poor. Door was chipping away. Big stain on carpet outside door. Rooms are small. They said they had RV parking but they do not. They did put us on the other side so we could park on the not so busy side. When we let our dogs out a bum was sleeping under the bridge. Railroad tracks are right behind the hotel. Loud trains. Ceiling paper thin. Water park was great and bar was good. Breakfast was ehhh. Eggs tasted like rubber. More fruit would of been nice. They denied late checkout. I would prob just stay next door for cheaper next time so we can have our dogs. Beds were comfy. :)

• Stayed July 2013
New York
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent hotel for those with young children. Water Park attached. Staff wonderful. Hotel very Kid Friendly. We are seniors and still enjoyed the stay. Great breakfast. Small breakfast room which was always crowded but the staff made every effort to maintain the highest standards. Only downside, the hotel had NO sound installation. Your heard every sound of your neighbor. It was if they were in the same room. Staying in Rapid City with Children, COME HERE

Room Tip: 4 Floors, every room is fine
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Snyder, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Overall, this motel is a good place to stay. It is, as noted by others, connected to a water park. Thus, the motel was very crowded with many families enjoying this attraction. Kids were happy and excited; smiling faces are always fun to see. We enjoyed seeing younger families enjoying time with their kids. We had no problems with noise even with the motel being totally full. We did request a 4th floor room away from the water park. We had a jacuzzi room which was nice and relaxing. The bed was a pillow-top and fine although the sheets were pretty thin. The towels, on the other hand, were thick and great.. Breakfast was a challenge as the breakfast room is not large enough for the amount of people trying to eat, plus they could not keep up with the amount of food needed to feed everyone during what must be the morning rush time. Therefore, breakfast was not relaxing and sometimes quite frustrating when you had little from which to choose to eat. They could work to do a better job in this area, although I am sure they were trying. (TRULY...lots of people.) If you plan to visit during the summer, make your reservations early to get a good price. If you are visiting to see the attractions around the Rapid City area or are in search of an indoor water park, this motel is certainly adequate.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Upon our check in to this hotel, we were greeted by a not so friendly desk clerk. She seemed as though she was arguing with someone on the phone and was rolling her eyes while talking. She then turned to us and was very cold. It was a bit awkward. The room was very clean! We were on the first floor the very end by the side door. The beds were very comfortable! One thing I found disturbing was the side exit door slammed shut. So anytime someone would walk in it would slam behind them. We were also across from the laundry room which had people coming in and out of. It was a bit noisier than I prefer but I guess we were in a high traffic area, it I think it was just the location of our room. Our second night here our toilet plugged. When I went to the desk clerk to tell them she said " I will give you a plunger! I didnt have any problem with using the plunger but For the amount of money we paid for our room they should have maintenience or some sort of help with a small problem like this. That is just from a customer service point of view. When we received our bill, they had charged us twice for water park passes ($16 each) 1 of which we never asked for or received and the other that was paid in cash by my 13 yr old daughter. When I told the same unfriendly clerk she was very hesitant to take off those charges but did in the end. Overall this hotel was very clean and would stay again, however the service of the desk clerks could use some customer service training.

Room Tip: Choose one not so close to an exterior door.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Springfield
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I broke up our 1800 mile drive by staying at places like this for my family. The girls loved the water park attached to this and another hotel. The place was clean and located close to the highway. A very short drive to Reptile Gardens, Crazy Horse, and Mt Rushmore, although we left here and stayed down in Custer National park the next few days. Had a problem with a Marriout coupon as central reservations told me I could show the front desk the coupon when I arrived. This is not the procedure generally but the front desk took care of the problem.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Baymont Inn & Suites Rapid City
Country Inn Rapid City
Country Inn Rapid City
#7 of 48 in Rapid City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City? Share your experiences!