“Very nice for three nights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City

Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #26 of 53 Hotels in Rapid City
California
“Very nice for three nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

The staff very willingly met our request for a quiet room, locating us farthest away from the waterpark. Can't comment on the waterpark, due to busy sightseeing and visiting relatives. The location was excellent: near the airport, downtown, crosstown ring road, etc. and across the street from Dakotah Steakhouse...a wonderful restaurant. Breakfast was standard expanded continental breakfast. Rob cleaned our room well and the beds were very comfy. We got an excellent rate with AAA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank luvtogo09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We liked this hotel. The waterpark next to the hotel was very exciting for my extroverted girls. The breakfast in the morning was basic, but was a good start for the day. We did not spend much time at the hotel due to wanting to see Mt. Rushmore and the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who has kids between the ages 5-10. They were helpful with directions on how to get places. They had printed cards/driving directions to hand to you. If you are Marriott Rewards Member I would go ahead and pay. Do not use your points to stay here. Use them on another Marriott hotel or resort.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rebecca P
Mobridge, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I had a fabulous experience here, the front desk staff was kind and courteous and gave me all sorts of fun ideas and places to go with the family for outings in the black hills. They helped me find the hotel even though my gps didnt want to find them too! The room was clean and neat and the housekeeping staff were friendly. The breakfast had a pretty good selection, my child loved the waffles the most! The breakfast lady was top notch and really made us feel at home. I'd definitely stay again, the waterpark is only the beginning of the fun here!

1 Thank Nikki E
Oberlin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We arrived late and so we were glad of its proximity to the airport (say 10 min drive). I'd imagine this hotel's chief attraction is its water park. Certainly not its nightlife. After 8pm your dining options are Arby's and McDonalds, or another option which may be preferable, roadkill from the nearby freeway. Decor is the usual almost communist uniformity of drab wallpaper and inoffensive bedroom furniture, etc. Very clean, very handy, very dull. If you get it on points it's a deal.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JGletherow
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I just stayed there for three nights and my stay was hit or miss. One room was cleaned the other was not. Some staff friendly others not. No benefits for Gold Elite Marriott members and had problematic with my bill on checkout as I was charged two different rates. Breakfast was good as was location.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Padretrueblue
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I had my daughters birthday party at the water park, which the kids loved, but I got a room as an added bonus for fun. I had checked this site to see the reviews and honestly couldn't believe anything could seriously be as bad as I read, I took a chance and was pleasantly surprised. The staff from check in to check out was curteous, friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, the extra blankets and pillows we needed were clean and even smelled fresh, not the stale smell that usually comes with them. I only rated the spa as an average because nobody in our group used it. My daughter wants to have her party there again and after our experience that's exactly what we're going to do!

Toontown
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went to our rooms after our check in and found mold in the bathroom. The smell made us sick, sore throats right away! Paint was peeling off the walls and the calking had peeled off in several places. As in the prior review the towels were dirty as were the linens and the material was s very worn on the upholstered chairs. We noticed the bed skirts had spills on them and when i lifted them up not ONE but several Bed Bugs came scurrying out!
When we told the GM we were leaving he said he was still going to charge our credit card as we didn't give sufficient notice to vacate, and that he could charge us under state law. We advised he we would report him and the hotel to Marriot and he just laughed and said go ahead. We'll they said it was up to him when we called head office.
So i suggest no one EVER stay at a Marriot property. I've never been treated so poorly by a chain that is supposed to be so good!
You have a failing grade!!!!

1 Thank ToontownBeachBum