Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Residence Inn Rapid City(Box Elder)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)
View Hotel
All reviewswater parkindoor waterparkslidersfront deskroom was cleanwafflesfree breakfastking suiteblack hillsthe breakfast areamount rushmorehot tubroad tripslidesinnsperkinsgrandkids
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and clean. I found the bed to be super comfortable and the pillows were very nice as well. I wish I had them at my house! The breakfast had a good variety of food. It was very busy by the time I got down there but everything was kept well stocked and I got plenty to eat. All in all had a very nice stay, I would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Good view and quiet on 4th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Welcoming, helpful staff...very clean as well.....i never write reviews but i was so pleased with my stay i figured i should...overall great experience! i forgot a lot of things at home during this trip so i was very frustrated but they were able to provide me with most of what i forgot! Very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Mt. Rushmore and the Crazy Horse monument. We have stayed at Fairfields from East coast to West coast and now back East and this is the poorest hotel we have been in. The sheets are old. Mattress lumpy. PIllows terrible. Towels thin. But the real topper is the blood that was dripping from the shower stool onto the bathroom floor. I called to have them clean it up and the guy came up with a little cloth and some spray. I had him take the stool out of the room, but he never came back to clean up the mess nor did he apologize! I expressed my concerns again to the front desk and never got an apology from her either and she didn't send anyone else to clean it up. There are lots of hotels in the area. Avoid this one!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
fairfieldgm, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I want to apologize for the condition of the room we have since replaced the items that were not up to standard. I also want to thank you for bringing it to our attention.
The liquid on the floor that you mentioned was blood was inspected and found that it was not blood but a cleaner that we use that is dark pink in color.

I hope in the near future we will be able to get you back at the hotel and show you the improvements that we have made to make every guest experience a great one.

Thanks again.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I expect more from a Marriott for 25,000 points. I would have been better off paying the rate and keeping the points. I realize points are determined by the number customers redeeming points and this is a busy area in the summer. Many people come here for the various attractions and redeem points. But, keep your points. It was clean, noisy, good breakfast, but have seen other locations of this chain offer a superior experience for the same money. It is a below average for this chain. I can not imagine what it is like with all the kids in the summer at the water park next door.

Room Tip: get room on back the front is on the I 90 a busy road
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. l want to apologize for the noise that you experienced during your stay. We do try our very best to regulate the noise and in most cases we do not have an issue with any noise.

We will be going through a very extensive renovation which we will be starting on very soon. This will make the hotel look like new which will help us to make sure that all guests have a good experience so they can enjoy all the wonderful attractions that this area has to offer.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I am livid that they advertise the waterpark so heavily, but don't advertise they will charge you an arm and a leg for it. For a family of four, the discounted rate to use the park is over $60! That adds quite a bit on to the bill when we would have been happy with a (free) pool, but that does not exist in this hotel. Also note that if you have smaller kids, the only pool for them to swim in is right next to the water cannons and some of the older kids will not give a second thought to shooting you or your little one in the face with them - it is a horrible design.

The hotel advertises Internet service. I guess they have it, but trying to connect during any reasonable hour is virtually impossible.

Lastly, our room was pretty gross overall and my wife will never stay at a Fairfield Inn again after this experience, I can't say that I will either.

We moved to the Cambria Suites - awesome hotel, brand new, nice pool, big rooms, two TVs, refrigerator, nice towels and sheets AND a lower price per night.

I would strongly recommend this hotel if you are looking in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I want to apologize for the condition your room was in during your stay. I have sinced made sure that nobody else will have this experience and it is because of these reviews that we are able to catch a lot of these mistakes and correct them very quickly. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

We do advertise the fees that are associated with the Waterpark on our websites, and I want to apologize if this wasn't explained to you right away at check in. I have addressed this with my staff to make sure that everyone is aware of the cost.