I was greeted very well by the front desk. They didn't have a regular king non, so the girl at the desk said she would put me in a two queen and upgrade me for free. Paid 84+tax. I was so impressed with the sale, I took the deal. The room was very clean. I worried about the smell of the chlorine from the connecting water park to the hotel, but the room did not smell one bit. Internet worked great, two wireless signals going at all times.
Found old coffee grains in the maker. All of the main lights are connected to a kill switch. It was all or nothing. Nice if you are laying in bed and don't want to get up to turn em off. Weird if you only wanted one light on, the hallway light would also always be on. Hair dryer cord would not stay extended, bit of a pain.
Other customers with low ratings were upset about noise. It was not the walls that were thin, it was the doors. They had no ability to prevent hallway noise from coming in. They need to be replaced. Course, other guests allowing their doors to slam every time they enter or leave their room would help. There were no children in the halls at all when we stayed. I would never, ever expect the hotel to be responsible for other people's children. If children are alone, other guests need to turn in the parents or else it's a lawsuit for the hotel if they do ANYTHING. I worked in hotels for 8+years. Never blame the hotel.
But the presentation was excellent, and the front desk pair were busy and being very professional to other customers. Excellent! I had to love the professionalism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A variety of rooms and suites are available at La Quinta. The hotel also offers a host of amenities, including a free shuttle service to Rapid City Regional Airport, on-site meeting facilities, a business center and free Wi-Fi, a Fitness Center and more. Sliders bar offers a daily happy hour and drink specials. A full breakfast is served every morning. We are located off I-90 (Exit 61) in Rapid City, South Dakota. The La Quinta Inn & Suites is connected to WaTiki Waterpark: the state's largest indoor waterpark. The property is also a short drive from the area's most popular attractions. The property's location is a comfortable distance from many major destinations, including Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, Wind Cave National Park and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LaQuinta, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City Hotel Rapid City
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Rapid City
- La Quinta Rapid City
- Rapid City La Quinta