“Great place for a family to unwind after a long day of driving!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We drove 10 hours and then stopped at his hotel. It has a wonderful water-park that the whole family enjoyed! Our room was clean, the front desk staff all very friendly/helpful, nice laundry facilities and a delicious, well-stocked continental breakfast. We liked it so well, we stayed again on our way back through Rapid City. The front desk remembered us and greeted us with smiles and a warm welcome. It felt like 'coming home' for all of us! We highly recommend it for families with children.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed August 4, 2010

Our experience with this hotel was awful! They overcharged my credit card which took weeks to fix, upon check-in we purchased 5 water park wristbands (they have an indoor waterpark which is extra) I was told by 2 different staff I would be able to use 2 one day and the other 3 the next day, however when the next day came they said no they have to be used the same day so I spent 54.00 on 2 wristbands and the other 3 we could not use. Needless to say we checked out a day early and it ruined our last days of vacation!!!!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
LAQUINTA-GM, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2010

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. However, my staff understands how important it is to clarify the pricing with out guests regarding the additional fee for full access passes. At no time did one of my property level employees tell you or your family that they had the option to utilize their water park package purchase on multiple days and I apologize if there was a misunderstanding. Each purchase is available from open to close the day of and the following morning from open until 10:30 am.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience at 605-718-7000 and we can discuss this further.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

We had a really nice room. It was clean and everything worked. The beds were comfortable! Loved being next to the water park The kids had a blast.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

I was in town on business and brought my dear, sainted, mother, daughter and niece along. They had a great time at the water park. We especially appreciate the friendliness of the staff, especially Andrea and Betsy at the front desk. Andrea clearly enjoys her job and is good at it. We had fun guessing what the "M" on her necklace meant. Betsy directed us to Hana, a Korean restaurant that was the best meal of our trip.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The cost was way over priced. They only pool they have you have to pay to go in. The rooms are okay in size. The breakfast was the worst I have had. Not much of a selection and the juice and coffee cups were so small you had to get 3 to make a real cup of coffee. The location was good. Hotel was clean. if you are staying for the water park check out sleep inn next door for a better price and drive across the street for the water park

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

I am sorry to hear that you felt that your stay was overpriced and that we did not have a pool for you and your family to swim in. However, we are a water park resort location and it is peak summer season. I might encourage you and your family to visit us during the fall, winter or spring seasons and you will find our rates to be far more compelling.

As for your suggestion for one to stay at a neighboring hotel and visit our water park, that is certainly an option. However they would be forced to pay full price for their water park passes and would not receive the complimentary spectator bands (hot tub use) and/or the 25% to 50% discount off of the ticket price for hotel guests only.

Reviewed July 29, 2010

we stayed at la Quinta with my family for the fourth of July. first off no where on the website does it say that you have to pay for the water park(if you have more than 2 people). secondly we where on the four floor and could not get any wifi, i had to go down stairs and tell them that i could not get a connection even with my firewall off. and thirdly when we were leaving both me and my dad noticed that we had several bug bites...i have them on my hands going all the way up my arms and stopping at my elbows and it wasn't till after that we left that i had suggested that it was bed bugs my mom confirmed it by saying she saw a bug in the room that looked like one but she didn't know it at the time...also i have some bug bites on my neck and shoulder...i don't think that we will ever be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

The Black Hills region has experienced a lot of rain and for anyone that has ventured outside at all during their visit (Mt Rushmore, Custer State Park, Badlands, Etc.) may experience some type of irritation. However, with that being said, we have one of the most reputable pest control companies (ECOLAB) regularly service our hotel to make sure that we do not have any problems.

For those of you who regularly read the newspaper and/or watch the news, you are well aware of the fact that Bed Bugs are not a cleanliness issue and that they can be carried in on someone’s luggage and/or clothing. Therefore, the seriousness of your comments is such that I am requesting that you contact me immediately in order for us to discuss further.

Reviewed July 28, 2010

You get a Water Park and Arcade, free breakfast, free internet access, clean rooms and friendly people. The place is close to many site seeing attractions. What more can you ask for!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family