“Comfortable and fun for the kids”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
winner
“Comfortable and fun for the kids”
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I appreciate being upgraded to King Suite since my double room was not ready twice when I attempted to check in. I also enjoy having a frig and microwave in the room.

• Stayed February 2010
2 Thank johnyne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Rapid city
Reviewed March 1, 2010

We had my sons birthday party there and we all loved it. We plan on having more parties there. I would recommend my friends and family to stay. Thanks for everything.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lil_ladi0
Midwest
Reviewed February 22, 2010

We were staying at this hotel with a group of young girls basketball players. The rooms were very nice and the beds very comfortable. The attaeched Watiki water park was loads of fun for everyone. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010
1 Thank SatisfiedMidwest
Bismarck, ND
Reviewed February 21, 2010

The people at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. So were the housekeeping associates. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. The waterpark was also really fun. The kids really enjoyed it.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lolly1080
Denver
Reviewed February 16, 2010

I was very disappointed and paid too much for my room. The walls are paper thin and people let their children run through the halls at all times of day late into the night. I order a movie and the TV keeped change channels on us. I called the front desk to see if they could fix it and he told me I would have to come down and get a new remote if I wanted it to stop and that didn't even help. The toilet clogged and I had to call twice to see if someone would come up to fix it and they told me they don't do that, but they could get a plunger for me. I had to call the next morning because they didn't have any extra plungers to give me that night. The customer service sucks.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank 4eXplorersUSA
South Dakota
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We did enjoy the waterpark--which we'd been to before. This was the first time we stayed at the La Quinta though. It was terribly overcrowded. There were not enough parking places. They allowed parties in the lobby until the early morning hours. They ran out of hot water, so I ended up taking a cold shower. All this, I might have been able to overlook, but they way the employess spoke to my family and me was completly out of line. I also witnessed three large male employees walk up to a group of kids in the hallway and order them to leave. There was no request. There were no manners. They were simply being big bullies. I might go back to the waterpark, but I won't return to the La Quinta.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank traveloverSD
Colorado
Reviewed October 19, 2009

This hotel was connected to an indoor water park: (--) The cost of the hotel was the best I've seen in a long time. The room was clean and large enough for a roll away bed. There was a $10 charge for the roll away bed, which was about the only negative thing I could come up with for the room. The internet connection was excellent. The free breakfast was decent, and they had a waffle station that was very good. The kids loved the water park and had no trouble getting to sleep that night!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family