“Great for families with pets!!! Wonderful Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed December 12, 2008

I found this hotel online....the price was great so I was worried. I noticed it said that it was pet friendly and we have two extreamly well behaved but large dogs so it is hard to find places to stay with them and we hate leaving them at home. I called and asked if there were pet restriciton and they said NONE! When we pulled up I could not believe it...they had a special section to take your pets out to the bathroom....however, though there was a sign to pick up after your pet you could tell that rarely anyone did. This is not the fault of the hotel but simply irresponsible pet owners. We would stay here again in a heart beat. The staff was wonderful, the rooms were large and very clean and the breakfast was great! We are already planning to go back....its great to find a place where our whole family can go dogs included!

Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank marce0606
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City

Reviewed October 1, 2008

This was the best bargain of a 14-day road trip. I couldn't believe how nice it was. We had a room just off the elevator, but there was no problem with noise.

There were several tour bus groups at the hotel, so trying to get to the breakfast was impossible. The workout room was adequate, too.

For the rate, I don't mind missing the breakfast.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed September 25, 2008

I'd have to say the bed was extremely comfortable, the bathroom was clean and spacious, and the room decor was pleasant. There is a large waterpark attached which is available at an additional cost but I did not make any use of it. I did make use of the small fitness center and it had some nice cardio equipment and a large flatscreen to help pass the time.

I had a couple small issues...the phone was covered with a sticky substance and there was a large spot on the carpet. I believe that a thorough cleaning would have caught those two items. Other than that, the room was clean.

The breakfast was good...waffle iron, toast, hard boiled eggs, cereal, bagels, rolls, coffee, juice, the usual.

Overall, it was a good value and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2008

Stayed here for an entire week for a work conference and was dreading being away from home for a whole week. My time away was made much better by this hotel. Very clean, awesome staff, fridge and microwave in my room, pool, breakfast, large lobby, conference rooms, and easy to find from the interstate. Quiet location as well. Great stay and highly recommended for business (and pleasure depending on what sites youd like to visit).

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed September 15, 2008

My wife and I planned this trip last minute, so we didnt spend the time to check out this hotel. The hotel itself was nice and clean, and the breakfast was great (though it does get busy). We did not use the water park, though we understand you have to pay to use it. There are not many places to eat in the area, the only thing close was a McDonald's and an Arby's. As far as the location of this hotel, if you are just passing through on I-90 its great; but, if you have come to Rapid City to see the sites, then it's not a very good location (everything is at least 30 to 40 min away). Over all I would stay there again if I was just passing though, but if was staying for the sites I would choose another hotel in the middle of the action.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2008

My wife and I stayed at La Quinta Inn and Suites for 3 nights while visiting South Dakota. We could not have asked for a better hotel. The staff were very nice, rooms spotless, and very good free breakfast. I would give the hotel an excellent, some of the guests, ok , but some problems. The hotel has a water park attached, so this caused more than average number of kids in and out of rooms, slaming doors. Kids doing what they do best, being kids. It's the parents that are stupid, letting their darlings run loose with no control. Saw 4 or 5 dogs in hallways, all friendly, but I wondered if they have separate dog beds in rooms? Where do they sleep? Central location makes it easy to visit north or south of Rapid City. Over all, this is great hotel, and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I had a wonderful stay at this hotel. I did have to request a crib three times to be brought up to my room but other than that the staff seemed very friendly and our room was very clean! Thank you!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family