“Not worth the money.”

Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not worth the money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

The front desk was very nice and efficient. The room is clean but there were stains on the duvet which made me wonder when the last time they were laundered and coverlet looked dirty as well. We had to listen to the elevator all night as our room was right next to it. The best part is that I tried to dial the front desk and the phone did not work. I'm glad there wasn't an emergency. I will not be staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Good Afternoon, I apologize for what you experienced during your recent visit at our hotel, I am very sorry that the phone in your guest room was inoperational. I definitely understand the frustrations of being in a room close to an elevator. I would love to invite you back to our hotel, and give us the chance to provide you an experience in which you strive to provide all of our guests. Please give me a call at 605-718-7000.
Kayti R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
New Port Richey, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great hotel for reasonable price, especially for vacationing families...lots of additional discounts.

My wife and I enjoyed our stay, the nearby attractions, and the onsite restaurant. The service was very good.

Rapid City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

Wonderful location close to the freeway on the east side of Rapid City. This LaQuinta has a water park attached to the property and if you have small children, what a find. The water park is also visible from the bar and restaurant where it is enjoyable to watch all the activity. This time we enjoyed dinner at Sliders, the on-site restaurant rather than leaving the hotel following our 700 mile drive that day. The meal came with a complimentary drink since we were guests at the hotel. We have stayed at this property possibly twenty times on our trips across the U.S. and have always enjoyed the hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Morris, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed March 9, 2014 had a double room for $48.60 plus tax, great value. The room was very clean, nicely furnished with attentive staff. The hotel is connected to a water park and Sliders restaurant. At check in we got two drink passes for Sliders plus discounts for food. We went and each had a drink and got a $10 appetizer for free with purchase of a large pizza. We had a spinach - artichoke dip with crusty bread and veggies which was very good. We had a large pizza which was one of the best I have had in awhile with a great crust, far better than any chain pizza. Since it was before 6:00 PM we learned when we ordered another drink it was happy hour and 2 for 1. So we each had three drinks, an appetizer and large pizza sitting relaxing in a nice bar for a total of $25. It was a great value and will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David43339
Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our facility and enjoyed the amenities that are offered here, including the free drinks and great food at Slider's Bar & Grill. We look forward to seeing you all again during your next visit to Rapid City.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We stayed at La Quinta Inn from Friday to Sunday. We got up very early on Saturday and went down for breakfast. This was one of the best continental breakfasts we had. They had everything from toast to biscuits and gravy. They had cereal, three different kinds of waffles, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bagels the list goes on and on. They had different juices, coffee, and milk to drink. The room we stayed in was on the top floor and very nice. Everything was neat and clean. The hotel staff and front desk clerks were very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be back soon! Thanks for a great two nights stay!!! This is the perfect place to stay if you are going to Watiki water park!!

1 Thank TBS1978
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We had the chance to stay here over our Christmas vacation. Wow were we glad we did!

First we woke up the first day to an amazing breakfast spread including the omelet bar mentioned in so many other reviews. This is awesome and set this LQ apart from the beginning.

Second the water park. Our kids had a blast! It isn't huge (though they were advertising an expansion) but it was great. Snow and temps in the teens outside and a nice warm water park to play inside. Not to mention we were there on a Sunday when kids eat free. What a great deal for families. We were very pleased with these two things, breakfast and the water park.

Additionally our interaction with the staff was good. One example was I accidentally purchased tickets on the day we arrived not realizing they would only be good until 10 AM the next day. I was already in the room when we realized this and I headed back down kind of expecting a "Sorry". Instead they happily refunded my money and let me purchase next day tickets. In addition they were helpful with any other inquiries we had.
I do have to say I wished the rooms had been more clean. I'm not sure why but it seems there are a lot of LQs remodeling, as this one was, right now and it has an effect on their focus on keeping rooms clean. That said it was not bad just could have been better.
Lastly, in case anyone else posts about this, the water park was closed the second day our passes were good (they're good the day you purchase through 10 the next morning like I mentioned) they didn't open because the heater had not run properly. The whole park was covered in fog. It was kind of cool looking. We overheard some people complaining to the hotel but it is a totally separate business. LQ has no control over the park. So if you run into something like this you will have to take it up with the Watiki Water Park not LQ.
All in we would definitely stay here again if we make it back to SD.

Stayed December 2013
Agar, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed here for one night during a long weekend in the hills. The hotel itself was nice and clean. It is attached to the Watiki waterpark so I was pleasantly surprised that there were NOT kids running all over creation and the place was clean. The bed were comfortable, the rooms nicely sized and the continental breakfast was wonderful. There were donuts, rolls, bread, bagels, four kinds of cereal, waffles, eggs and ham, biscuits and gravy as well as juices and coffee and fruit.
The only complaints I had were that the wifi did not work. I called the front desk and she reset her router and I restarted my computer but it would not work. I could connect to the Marriott wifi but since I wasn't staying there I couldn't get authorization to use it. Also, the parking lot is not big enough to accommodate both the water-park visitors and the two hotel visitors.
However, as it was clean, nice and had friendly staff, we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay here at the La Quinta Inn & Suites - Rapid City. We are all very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit here with. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed the breakfast and that your room is comfortable. I want to apologize that you were having trouble connecting to the WiFi during your stay, and I thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we may look into this and get it fixed. Again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Rapid City.