“More PET friendly than PEOPLE friendly.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Made my reservation online and requested consideration of pet allergies at that time. I mentioned this at the desk after one awful night with my allergies and was informed that the ENTIRE facility was 'pet friendly'. I, too, am PET FRIENDLY, but just can't sleep with them. We endured the stay for one more day and then packed up and left. Overall, the place is nice and the waterpark would be great for kids. I was especially offended when I wrote to LQ and was told that I should have called the hotel directly to make my reservation--probably pay more, too! I cannot believe that a hotel this large cannot set aside a room or two for those who PAY the bill. Never met a Dalmatian with a credit card! Not too excited about the bathing suits and bare feet in the restaurant during dinner hours either but at least that was PEOPLE FRIENDLY.

Room Tip: BEWARE! If you have allergies they told me ALL rooms are pet friendly and no accommodation can be m...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Must place to stay in Rapid City! This La Quinta is a great place to stay. The fun my kids had was just phenomenal. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The pool is clean but there is no life guards, watch you children. Everything else was just fine without problems. Just had too much fun!!!

Room Tip: Internet is a bit slow, but the fun depends upon the parents.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My son and I visited this motel during the motorcycle rally! The staff was always helpful and friendly! The motel was an ideal location for trips to Sturgis, Crazy Horse, Devil's Tower, and Mount Rushmore. The breakfast was fresh and hot. Breakfast was nothing spectacular, but it was satifying and plentiful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elwood B
Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience here the La Quinta Inn & Suites-Rapid City. We are very pleased to hear that you and your son enjoyed our facilities and our convenient location! We do hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Yes, this hotel (and many others in the Black Hills) jack up the prices during the busy season. We didn't really care about the $177 price tag, but if you're going to jack it up that much ($39 on a non-busy night) at least offer guests a one-day pass to the water park. Yes, it's discounted, but it's still pricey, especially if you want food.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We decided it had been to long since we saw the familiar faces of our favorite getaway spot so we planned a trip to the beautiful black hills and our favorite hotel. It was so busy when we got there but the staff recognized us and got us checked in and off to our room really fast and with a smile. Took the kids to the water park right away to tucker them out after a long drive which works great but when we were ready to leave they were out of towels. Would have been a problem but I went to the front desk and they had some water park towels that they got for us right away. All in all another great stay!! Thank you Kayti and Andrea for taking such good care of us!! We will see you around Christmas!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the La Quinta Inn & Suites-Rapid City. We are very pleased to hear that we had the opportunity to host you and your family again here at our facility. We all look forward to your visit in December!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Room was clean and it was quiet. Half hour drive to Mt Rushmore. Thereis n attached waterpark which guests can get a discounted rate. Free breakfast was just ok. Waffles, cold cereal, bananas. apples, limited pastries. Pretty crowded.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is the second time I've stayed here - spent a total of four weeks at this hotel for my business. The property is very well kept, and the rooms are excellent - what I've come to expect from Laquinta. The staff is superb - everyone from the front desk to the housekeepers and even the maintenance man are all friendly, smiling, and go out of their way to take care of you. It can get rather noisy sometimes - a result of being attached to an indoor waterpark and parents not seeming to understand that they've left the waterpark and are now in the hotel! I think the waterpark is also the reason that this hotel is priced higher than normal for a Laquinta. If you aren't interested in the waterpark, you're still paying a premium price for being close to it. I wish Laquinta had another property in the Rapid City area - I'm sure it would be less expensive and close to the great value I've come to expect from them. Still, a very nice place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business