“Outsatanding Accomadations”

Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Outsatanding Accomadations”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at the La Quinta on the night of March 25, 2013. The staff member Andrea Paulson greeted me the moment I walked in and was personable as well as Professional. My questions were answered and up to the room I went. My room was clean, organized, the right temperature and way more than I was expecting. I had my dog along and this is a definite for anyone traveling with a pet. Very pet friendly, excellent customer service, amazing water park and pool as well as a topnotch Restaurant and Lounge. Definitely making this a Mandatory stop in the future!!

Room Tip: Just ask the staff and they will assist you in making your stay an enjoyable one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi William M. I want take the time to thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your experience here at hotel. I am very glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable time, and the Andrea was such a great help to you and your family. I will definitely relay your compliments to her, and we hope to see you and your family again soon!

Kayti R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The stay was great had a great restaurant and any accommodation that I asked for very friendly and polite staff. I give them an excellent review I will stay there again when I'm in that area and very reasonable on room rates.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lethbridge, AB
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Last August 2012, I arrived with my two boys and my Mom. Went to check in and were assigned a room that we went down to. Got to the room and there was 1 king bed and a (single) pullout sofa. As there were the two boys a double pull out would have worked but not a single. (by the way I have never seen a single pull out sofa especially in a hotel attached to a water park that is teaming with kids) (wierd). Also the room was large enough to accomodate a double at least. Anyways I returned to the front desk and showed them the reservations I had printed off from the interenet and it definately stated a double pullout sofa bed. Needless to say I was told rudely that it wasn't the hotels fault, that I had booked it online and there was nothing they could do for me and the hotel was booked. So I asked for a cot and the reply was no they didn`t have any. So I told them the sleeping accomodations would not work for us and requested my deposit back, seeing that they could not accomodate the reservation that I had booked online. And again was told absolutely not, that is what I had booked and there would be not refund. But it wasn`t what I had booked. So I ended up not recieving a full nights refund for something the hotel could not accomodate, and I must say in August it is extremely high priced and from what I saw of the room, was not worth the price they are asking for this hotel and the staff is extemeley rude and unaccomodating. I will never stay in a La Quinta Inn ever due to this experience and I travel extensively with my family and was a former Travel Agent with a huge amount of travel experience. We went across to the Cambria Suites hotel, absolutely beautiful property, huge rooms, newly built hotel, great location, nice pool, for less money and fantasitc service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank tdumonceau
Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about what you experienced while staying here at our hotel. I want to apologize that what you experienced fell below your expectations. I do want to advise you that since your last visit we have completed the last phases of our renovations and all of suites that have pull-out sofas are now queen sized.
I would love to welcome you back to our facility and look at all of the improvements that we have made. Again, thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay.

Travelers are raving about these Rapid City hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Love this place! The room was so clean and the beds and pillows were so soft and comfy. The towels were so soft also! The breakfast was excellent with a nice variety. My kids loved this place and thats the deal maker. Definately gonna return and recommend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kayti R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Hello La Quinta Traveler! Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your experience here at our hotel. I am very happy to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you all again soon!

Custer, South Dakota
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The remodel of the motel is fresh and clean. I love the extended lobby. I was able to do my online college in the evening and was not disturbed.
We had a suite with a pullout sofa. The room was so large and comfy. The bathroom was large enough for everyone's stuff.
The front desk staff were always courteous and the housekeeper did a great job on cleaning the room.
The GM is doing an EXCELLENT job the place is well run and clean. I even saw housekeepers wiping down the pictures in the hallways. NICE!

Room Tip: The suites are large enough to accommodate a family 4 with room to spare
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had Another fantastic stay at the La Quinta here in rapid. We stayed over the last weekend and like some of the reviews i read we did not have towels in our room as well. We asked the front desk shortly after check in and they had told us housekeeping would be bringing them up to us as soon as they got done. This was not a problem since we planned on taking the kids to the waterpark. Sure enough they were there when we got back. The staff was great the room was clean. We will most definiatly be back.

• Stayed February 2013
Custer, South Dakota
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Rooms are mediocre. Walls are very thin. If you have small children, maybe it is worth it to stay here and take the proverbial 'one for the team' as the kids may enjoy the water park. If you are on a business trip avoid this place at all costs. There are much better options in Rapid City. Look downtown, in particular.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Chartran
Hi Chartran, I would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience while here at our facility. The feedback that you provide definitely helps us improve our facility as well as other's guests experiences.
I would like to let you know that if you do stay with us while traveling on business, we do try to reserve our fourth floor for business travelers so that they are not disturbed. We do hope to see you again at our hotel soon, and just let us know you are traveling for business and we can move you up to a higher floor.