“Excellent location and tons of fun for families!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
“Excellent location and tons of fun for families!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Loved the La Quinta inn and suites of rapid city! Great location right off the interstate. A short drive to the black hills. My kids loved the water park. The friendly staff made it perfect. Andrea and Amanda greated us and were extremely pleasant. Upon arriving anything we needed they took care of right away. Thank you for making our vacation over the top of perfect!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed at the rapid city location on a small family get away and it was by far the best hotel we have ever stayed at! The rooms were beautiful and spottless. The staff was so nice and even helped us plan things to do. I cannot say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay! I read some of the other reviews and can honestly say that we dIdn't have any problems and we love this place!

• Stayed October 2012
Ellsworth, Michigan
Reviewed October 31, 2012

To start out with we plan our stops where there is a La Quinta , we love there Inns and there points program. So it Pains me to say that I will never stay at this one again. First we pull up and the lobby hallway have about 4 smokers which is funny that they have a no smoking sign up . We are advised there is a waterpark so we knew there would be kids running around. Which that stopped around 10 ish okay time for bed , well we hear like kids jumping around like crazy up above us , if finally stops around 11.00 and then we start to hear a dog barking and barking , That dog barked a good 1/2 hr. until my husband goes looking for the dog , It is right above us which is what we must have been hearing in the first place. We call down and tell them and they take care of it. Owner was not there. but the dogs we quiet and then we fall a sleep , I am startled awake at about 3 in the morn to the dogs running from one end of their room to another at this point I am just done with the whole thing , I am Handicapped and we are older so why would We have to pay a resort fee for a water park we never used , Was in the elevator on our way out with another that was very unhappy with their stay. All around the worst La Quinta ever.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank CindeeCW
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked my daughters 13th Bday party in the Watiki side and then booked TWO rooms at additional costs and still had problems. Her party was on Saturday and on Thursday I called to ask a few more last minute questions. For starters, there is only one person who can actually answer any of my questions (which she was good when I did talk to her), the lady who did answer could not answer my questions and had me leave a message. I did so, and as of Friday tried to call her back again, to be told she was out till the following week. I was given a work cell, I called, left a message and still as of today (sunday) still havent heard back from her to answer my questions I had before YESTERDAY. The party was from 1-3 in the pool area,but i came back at 3 and here is the kicker....
The 2 rooms had a earlier in the week with a credit card reservation on them, it was a gift from her grandparents who live in another town. Everything was good, all I had to do was check in.... The lady at the desk proceeds to tell me that because I physically did not have the card in my hand, I wasnt able to check into the rooms. I called the cardholder and he was not able to give a verbal confirmation over the phone, even though the room was reserved with the same cc he was telling her he had. He had to email her a verbal ok w information and then go find a fax machine and fax it to her. He was not happy with this either due to the hotel had the CC info all on file, the waterpark had this card on file, but they were not able to use it because of a consent form not being signed. He could of given her all this information over the phone. She did end up giving us the rooms so my daughter could finish her 13TH Bday party and that all turned out well, but the experience on the adult side was furiating!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Marble Falls, Texas
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great staff, especially Amanda at the front desk. We had weather/flight problems and she kept us in the same room an extra day.
This is run properly.
If traveling with children, there is an indoor water park on the property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed here on a Friday night / and it was kind of a zoo because of all the people arriving for the indoor water park. Very loud crowd / with people all over the hotel in their swimwear.

The staff were very helpful, and we had no complaints with our room, and no problem with our stay there. Feel free to arrive to breakfast in your pjs ---- With all the kids at breakfast in their pjs, you'll fit right in!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple