“Fun atmosphere and great food.”

Firehouse Brewing Co.
Ranked #13 of 267 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "The Firehouse," as it is called by locals, is one of the city's most unique and interesting landmarks. -Housed within the original Rapid City firehouse, a structure built of four layer brick in 1915, the building is listed on the National Historic Register. We offer a full service restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor dining. Experience a vibrant atmosphere with live entertainment by local musicians in addition to live theatre most Friday and Saturday evenings (view our website for a list of upcoming events). Of course, the Main attraction at the Firehouse is our uniquely flavored, hand crafted beers along with a menu of the Midwest's favorite dishes. With culinary selections ranging from salads and BBQ to buffalo and gumbo, there is something for everyone at the Firehouse Brewing Company.
Chillicothe, Ohio
“Fun atmosphere and great food.”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

If you ever visit Rapid City this is a must stop place to eat. We enjoyed our meals so much that we returned again the next night. My wife ate the chicken fried steak and I had one of the best Ribeye steaks I have had in a long time, in fact I ordered it again the next night. When visiting new cities we like to try local spots rather than the large franchise chains. This place was great. They make their own bread and it is also a micro brewery. Although I do not particularly like beer my wife enjoyed the home made bread made from the beer. This is not a 2 for $20 Applebee's. Both nights our meals were over $50 including tip, however for this price we enjoyed a delicious meal with a wonderful atmosphere. We definitely give this place a thumbs up recommendation.

1 Thank drcoates

Austin, Texas
“Great atmosphere and service”
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Bleu cheese buffalo burger was great! Our server was fantastic, she gave us good tips on lots of places in Rapid City, very well versed! Beer was good but they only had two that night. Neat building in the old firehouse downtown Main Street. Menu was what you might expect for a brewpub, casual but fun.

Michigan
“Good food...iffy service”
Reviewed September 17, 2010

We were there twice...on the first night service was pretty marginal, saw several othere diners arrive after us and leave well before us. The second visit service was better. Meals were both very good....the Ahi Tuna salad had an incredible dressing that they wouldn't share the recipe for....For a microbrewery it was pretty disappointing they only had four pours going....

Kansas City, MO
“Best beer of my trip”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I was on a 11 day trip and stopped here for dinner. The food was very good the beer even better.

My next time in the area and I will make sure to eat here again.

San Luis Obispo, California
“Great food, great service, great beers!”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

We started off with some beers. Our waitress was great, she was able to explain all the different beers and help us select one that would fit our pallate. We then ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer, definately good stuff. Diner options were your typical brew house type of food but definately good for the value. Great experience here, I would definately go back. I even walked out with a fireman's hat! lol.