“Pump in Some More Brews !!”

Firehouse Brewing Co.
Ranked #25 of 276 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "The Firehouse," as it is called by locals, is one of the city's most unique and interesting landmarks. -Housed within the original Rapid City firehouse, a structure built of four layer brick in 1915, the building is listed on the National Historic Register. We offer a full service restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor dining. Experience a vibrant atmosphere with live entertainment by local musicians in addition to live theatre most Friday and Saturday evenings (view our website for a list of upcoming events). Of course, the Main attraction at the Firehouse is our uniquely flavored, hand crafted beers along with a menu of the Midwest's favorite dishes. With culinary selections ranging from salads and BBQ to buffalo and gumbo, there is something for everyone at the Firehouse Brewing Company.
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The biggest pity of this stop was that I had to drive back to Sturgis. We actually saw the old fire pumper on a Interstate a couple of trips ago but didn't get into Rapid City then. Dropped in for Lunch and found the whole place fascinating. I love a good micro-brewery and this one ticked all the boxes.I had to pick 2 lower strength beers while the missus went top shelf , bugger ! The food was fine , the pricing good and it was a friendly establishment which next time I'll have a designated driver (not the wife !). Well worth a stop just for a soft drink to admire the furniture !!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,646)

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We were in Rapid City for spring break and this restaurant was recommended by a friend.

My husband tried a couple of different beers and said they were not good at all. He had the gumbo for dinner and it was good, spicy and decent tasting.

I had the tuna steak, it was seared nicely. It could've used some more flavor.

The prices weren't horrible, average for the portion size and type of food.

The service was a little lacking, our server was not very attentive. There was a paper talking about their new wine tasting room, but no one in the restaurant seemed to know if it was truly open. It took a long time to get water refills.

Overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here again, wouldn't go for the beer, and would say it's a pretty mediocre restaurant.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The uniqueness of the place caught our eye as we drove by. However, the food was very average. Service was marginal and the beer wasn't anything special for a microbrewery.

Just wasn't a good find for us.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had a fun time while eating here, I always try new things on menus, and they had a variety of different things to try out. From Am-Mex food to European Pork dishes, even awesome burgers, the menu is great, service is ok for late night dining, meal was awesome; I had the Soulvaki...

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Went there a couple of times, good beers, good ambience, good food for SD.
Enjoyed the decoration/design a nod the service