“Do you and who ever your with a favor and go anywhere else.”

Firehouse Brewing Co.
Ranked #13 of 268 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "The Firehouse," as it is called by locals, is one of the city's most unique and interesting landmarks. -Housed within the original Rapid City firehouse, a structure built of four layer brick in 1915, the building is listed on the National Historic Register. We offer a full service restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor dining. Experience a vibrant atmosphere with live entertainment by local musicians in addition to live theatre most Friday and Saturday evenings (view our website for a list of upcoming events). Of course, the Main attraction at the Firehouse is our uniquely flavored, hand crafted beers along with a menu of the Midwest's favorite dishes. With culinary selections ranging from salads and BBQ to buffalo and gumbo, there is something for everyone at the Firehouse Brewing Company.
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This place was without a doubt the worst place I've ever had food at. The service was aweful and the food was just as bad. I really couldn't believe this was a place other people thought good. This food wasn't fit to feed a dog. And the price they wanted me to pay was outrageous. I has to take my family and leave!!! Bad bad all bad.

There are newer reviews for Firehouse Brewing Co.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

A very popular place with waiting for tables, but room at the bar. They had a good selection of beer on tap and an eclectic menu. the food good and the service quick - mind you, I was at the bar....... I would return again for the food and beer.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant as it appeared to be very popular with customers – it was packed and the noise level was pretty high. The waitress found us a table upstairs within a short time, and we saw plenty on the menu to appeal. I selected the pork schnitzel with sauerkraut and cheesy mashed potatoes and my husband elected to have the shrimp, chicken and chorizo sausage gumbo. We weren’t disappointed in our choices; the meals were very good and reasonably priced. $51.00 for the above plus two glasses of merlot.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The atmosphere is amazing! I just went last night with my boyfriend and my 2 year old son. My son had cranberry juice and mac n cheese, my boyfriend had the Hawaiian burger, and I had another burger (forgot the name of it, but it had the mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy). I loved the flavor of the in-house brewed birch beer! The server was attentive and timing was excellent! Having been a former server myself, I know what should be expected in most restaurants, and Firehouse was worth the visit! Future dates at Firehouse are definitely going to be on the list!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

After my sister's wedding rehearsal 7 of my family members, including myself, stopped by Firehouse for supper. When we got to Firehouse there was a couple waiting up front to speak with a manager, they eventually gave up waiting for the manager, asked for her business card and left. We should have seen this as a sign and left but atlas we stayed.

I ordered the beer sampler and really liked almost all their beers. A few were better then others but there weren't any that I wouldn't drink. A few of them were amazing and we ordered several pints of them.

Now on to the food. After we were sat our waitress informed us the special of the night was all you can eat ribs and fries. My aunt point blank asked the waitress "Are the ribs smoked" and she flat out lied to us and said "Yes". We are all from Kansas, we know smoked ribs, and these were NOT smoked ribs. Not only that but we took a walk out back when we left and, as expected, no smoker in sight.

To their credit, the ribs weren't bad for non-smoked ribs and the members of my family that ordered something other than ribs all enjoyed their food. They did run out of ribs but not until I had gotten my fill. The table next to us evidently only got one order of ribs and were quite pissed off. I can understand their frustration, if the staff knew they only had enough ribs for another table or two why did they even suggest it was "all you can eat ribs"??

On to the service, or lack there of rather: I'm not sure the poor service was all our servers fault. I think the management understaffed that evening. Drinks took a while (we were ordering two at a time just so we would not run out) and the food also took a while to come out. The part that aggravated me though was when we were placing our orders we specifically told the waitress who was on what check. She ignored all this and put everyone under one check and get this, ONLY a manager can split a check!! The same manager that the people up front gave up waiting for. So by this time it's an hour past my 2 year old's bedtime and due to my server ignoring our instructions we are stuck there for another 20 minutes while we wait for the manager to split a check.

With the lying, the sub-par service, and the completely absent management we will never ever be back!