“Exceeded expectations”

Firehouse Brewing Co.
Ranked #13 of 265 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: "The Firehouse," as it is called by locals, is one of the city's most unique and interesting landmarks. -Housed within the original Rapid City firehouse, a structure built of four layer brick in 1915, the building is listed on the National Historic Register. We offer a full service restaurant and bar with indoor and outdoor dining. Experience a vibrant atmosphere with live entertainment by local musicians in addition to live theatre most Friday and Saturday evenings (view our website for a list of upcoming events). Of course, the Main attraction at the Firehouse is our uniquely flavored, hand crafted beers along with a menu of the Midwest's favorite dishes. With culinary selections ranging from salads and BBQ to buffalo and gumbo, there is something for everyone at the Firehouse Brewing Company.
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Exceeded expectations”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I saw the mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, so was not sure what to expect. My husband enjoys micro-brews and it was near our hotel, so worth a try. The food exceeded our expectations. My husband had the fish n chips and gorgonzola ale soup - both were very tasty. I had a burger and it was very large with great flavor. Kids meals were a good size and included a beverage for the price. Not a standard "family restaurant" but they did their best to accomodate us (five chairs around a 4 top in the corner) and it was loud enough that our kids were not disruptive (which is a key factor in picking restaurants when eating out with our kids). It was early evening, so my guess is it gets busier with the bar crowd later and they did have a nice outdoor patio area. We would definitely eat there again.

• Visited March 2013

Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Good Brew in Rapid City”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went here for lunch after landing in Rapid City. The building it self is pretty cool and worth checking out, definitely looks like an old fire station. Staff were friendly enough and seemed to know a bit about the beer they were serving. As with any brewpub, I recommend trying the beer sampler. It's pretty cheap, easy to share and ensures that you don't end up with a full glass of beer that you don't like. If you're looking for top rated beer then you won't find it here but overall they serve a pretty average craft beer. Food was alright, what was to be expected from a pub. Average priced and pretty greasy, you're not getting any fine dinning here folks. I had the beer and cheese soup and it was pretty good. My boyfriend tried the pub food, sandwich and fries which were pretty greasy. Overall good bang for your buck and I'd recommend it because it's a cool building and probably the best craft beer you'll find in Rapid City.

• Visited September 2012
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
“Worst Restaurant I've been to in Rapid City”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I will definitly not be going back to the Firehouse. Our waiter was exceptionally rude, hardly even greeting us, not checking up on us at all, and giving us short, almost sarcastic answers to our inquiries about the menu. They were out of everything we wanted, including the Chef's Special, and it was only 6pm. My boyfriend's RibEye had obviously been cooked straight from the freezer because it was tough, tasted like water and had absolutely no flavor. It cost $24 and he wasnt even able to stomach half of it. Total bill came out to $50 and it was the biggest waste of money ive experienced in years. I dont know about their beer but the food is nothing special. Stay far from this place, go to Famous Dave's or Boticellies or even McDonald's, but dont waste your time here.

• Visited March 2013
“Word of mouth visit”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Was traveling through on business and it was recommended we stop there for lunch. Good food and atmosphere. Wish I could have not gone back to work and would be able to try their drink selection.

Mason City, Iowa, United States
“Definitely a MUST!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We enjoyed every minute of our time there. The food was very good, and the beer... !!! We had a hard time deciding which to try. I finally ended up trying the Brown Cow Ale, which was very good. We started with the "Fire Caps" - mushrooms stuffed with cream cheese and crab meat. Oh. YUM!
Husband had prime rib, which he said was excellent. I had their "Spontaneous Heating" - a spicy gumbo in which Rachel Ray indulged. With good reason! It was VERY good, and I can't wait to go back and have more!

• Visited November 2012