“A Good Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“A Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed in this hotel on September 4, 2013. Overall this was a good hotel experience for us. I was pleasantly surprised to find a MainStay Suites in Rapid City and even more pleased when I discovered the rates for this hotel were quite reasonable when compared to the competition. The room we rented (King Suite) was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is right next door to a Cabela's and close to other restaurants and shopping. I have but two negatives for the hotel, one that I believe the staff will address and the other one which cannot be corrected. Our room had a shower area that was tiled. Whoever installed the tile failed to caulk the seams, thus moisture could and did seep into the cracks. We notified the staff and pointed out the potential for problems. They indicated the matter would be corrected. I also suggested they check all of their rooms for this problem as this could become a very major issue. The systemic problem is that the breakfast area is far too small for the size of this hotel. Didn't have room to change my mind in the breakfast area. Just getting a cup of coffee was a pain. This problem is minor when compared to the value received for the price. We would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is brand new and also has great staff! We checked in and are completely pleased. The rooms are suites with a full kitchen. Contemporary rooms and décor and full extended breakfast included. The hotel also has a heated indoor pool and exercise room. Cabela's is also located right next door. What a deal! If anyone would complain about this place - I don't even know what to say. This place is like walking into a brand new home! NICE!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here two nights and we are lucky to meet all nice staff. Nothing to say about the cleanliness because it is a really brand new hotel. With this price, I don't think anyone can ever complain. It is really my dream hotel for the price. Highly recommend for family stay. Breakfast is really good. Staff are so friendly and nice.

• Stayed August 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this brand new facility. We were surprised to find a full kithchen with dishes , stove, and ice box. The room was very comfortable. the location was great and we enjoyed a meal at the adjacent restaurant. All staff members were very helpfaul. The breakfast was good, but the area was small so we took out tray to the room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chico, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

After spending all day traveling and touring the area, we didn't expect to have a hard time finding a room in Rapid City. We finally got into the Mainstay Suites after the Sleep Inn sent us over. The price was pretty high, but we were out of options. Once we got to our suite, we understood the price. The room was large and beautiful with two queen-sized beds and a living area. We made good use of the kitchen since we didn't get in early enough for dinner and just popped some popcorn from our snack bag and ate some fruit. It was so nice to have real dishes and a full refrigerator with ice (no ice machine to hunt down). My daughter tried out the pool which was my only complaint - the hotel directory in the room said the pool was open 24 hours, the sign on the door said until midnight, but shortly after we were at the pool, we were told that after 10 pm only guests 16 and above can swim. Please post this information. Breakfast in the morning was fine - fruit, eggs, cereal, etc. I wish we could have taken this room on the rest of our vacation. I will look for more MainStay Suites in my travels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Roanoke, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We recently stayed 4 nights at Main Stay Suites in Rapid City. We had 2 rooms, one for myself and one for the entertainer I manage. He was a guest performer at the Central States Fair. The hotel was extremely nice and included everything you could want. Everyone was so helpful especially the front desk host Tabbitha who checked me in. She was extremely courteous, helpful with local information and greeted me every time she saw me with a pretty smile. Being in the entertainment business I travel for a living, and so I've seen everything in the way of customer service. I am upper tier in several frequent stay programs like Hilton but this property was fantastic and I would rank it right up there among the best. I would highly recommend Main Stay Suites in Rapid City, SD and stay there again when and if I am back in the area. Thanks, Tabbitha, your infectious kind smile always made my day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Fort Mitchell, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The room was just wonderful. We had a great night sleep! We were lucky to find this hotel, everywhere else we went was sold out. We had a suite, which had a wonderful little kitchen area. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if in Rapid City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business