“Amazing food!”
Review of Kathmandu Bistro

Kathmandu Bistro
Ranked #12 of 265 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mt. Rushmore Road
Transit: In the summer a trolley car runs from the civic center to the historic downtown. Otherwise, there is parking along both sides of Main Street which is a one way heading west.
Description: Best Indian/Nepalese food in Rapid City.Try our rack of lamb!!! Is famous.
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The food at this restaurant is the best in Rapid City. My husband I have both been to bigger cities where Indian is on every corner and this is by far the best I've had since living in Rapid. The only downside is there was a long delay with the wait staff - I'm not sure if they were short handed but it took a good 20 minutes in between seeing our waiter and ordering items. Needless to say, we will definitely be eating here again!!

• Visited October 2013

Miami
“Good find”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We had been on the road a few days and were looking for something ethnic and spicy. We were not disappointed here. All our favorites were on the menu: chicken tikka, naan, samosa - all were beautifully prepared and the servings were more than ample. The wine choices were good and the service attentive.

Visited September 2013
nj
“A Nice Suprise”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We arrived in Rapid City, SD just a little after the standard dinner hour on a Monday evening. We wanted something close to our hotel and didn't want to spend a lot of money. Since we like Indian food we decided to try Katmandu. The menu was fairly diverse, the atmosphere was nice and the service was good. Our waitress was particularly helpful in defining portion sizes so we wouldn't order too much food. The food was definitely blended for the "western palate" but was still flavorful enough to be considered authentic. The price for all of this was very reasonable and I will definitely visit again whenever I'm in Rapid City.

• Visited September 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Pleasant surprise in Rapid City”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Read about this place in Trip Advisor, and it was every bit as good as the reviews said. Located in an old rehabbed brick building downtown - raw brick walls, high ceilings, subtle lighting, large glass windows fronting on to one of the main streets downtown. The food was even more artfully done than the decor. With family from India, I can be picky. We decided to try some of the basic stuff: curried lamb, saag paneer, paratha and naan, It was all exceptionally well seasoned, each dish distinctive, and complex in flavor. We ordered mild to be on the safe side,and were very pleased with the full, but not overly spiced result. The tomato based lamb curry was truly lovely - mild, sweet almost fruity flavor, Portions were very generous, and we had enough left over for the next night.

• Visited October 2013
New York City, New York
“Very nice surprise...”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Ate here with my boyfriend during a recent trip to SD and wow the food is really, really good.
I love Indian food and coming from NYC we have our fair share of good and not so good places but I didn't expect to find this gem in Rapid City. I had the chicken korma which was amazing. Garlic naan made just right, and the bismati rice very good as well. My boyfriends dish (don't remember what it was called) was a little too spicy for my liking...I think if it would have been milder it would have been awesome...he likes really spicy foods but even he found it was a bit much.
Folks were friendly, decor was nice...though we did encounter a weird draft when we were first seated and had to ask to be moved becuase our feet were freezing. We were moved with no issues and the new table was draft free : )
Overall very pleased.