“Flavour, spices, and vegetables! Excellent Nepalese food. Well worth it.”
Review of Everest Cuisine

Everest Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 273 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: Nepali
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Do not be put off by the surroundings, this was an excellent meal when we were craving spice and flavour, after many days on the road with only burgers, steaks, corn and fries. We loved the dahl, the tandoori chicken tikka, the vegetable and the lamb curries. They made the curries medium to hot for us. We returned the following night. And oasis of flavour and good food.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This place is a gem! The food is wonderful and the atmophere is peaceful and welcoming. If you want to appreciate real Nepalese food without the 15 hour flight then try Everest Cuisine.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

A big group of us went here for the lunch buffet one Friday, and it was good, but there was something lacking in every part of the experience. It's possible that the food, at least, would have been more impressive if we had gone for supper and ordered off the menu, but that wouldn't address the other problems with the restaurant.

First, the buffet really is badly overpriced at $10 each, especially for lunch, especially considering that the selection only includes about three vegetarian and three non-vegetarian choices (plus bread, watermelon slices, and basmati rice), especially when these dishes are just sitting in chafing dishes getting dry.

Second, the atmosphere...well, there isn't any atmosphere. It's a tiny space that looks like any other buffet restaurant in the midwest.

Third, the service is just a bit better than you could find at any other buffet restaurant in the midwest.

Finally, the food is, I'm afraid, only OK. Maybe if you haven't had a lot of--or haven't had very good--Indian or Nepalese food, it's a revelation, but this is the least fresh, least flavorful Indian food I have ever had...and I'm including other Indian buffets in that survey. Again, maybe the food would be better if we ate in the evening and ordered off the menu.

So with all these complaints, why I am giving it 4/5? The main reason is that this is certainly the best Indian food I've ever had in a small town. The sheer fact that it's tolerable Indian food in Rapid City makes it exceptional. If you want Indian food and you're within 100 miles, this is your only choice, and it's not a bad choice at all. As a tourist, I don't feel any need to go back here, but if I lived in the area, I'd probably wind up here a couple of times of year just to get some decent Indian food that I don't have to cook myself.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a rather large group, and if you do you should call ahead for reservations since it is rather small. Very good service from the owner and everything we ordered was excellent and from a fairly broad menu. They also have a lunch buffet, but I don't know if it is on everyday since we went on the weekend.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We read over TA reviews before picking this place. WHAT A GREAT MEAL. This is my favorite place to eat in Rapid City. I ordered Chicken Tikka Masala (with Medium spicy-ness), Naan with goat cheese and a sampler appetizer. I can't remember the name of my husband's dish, but it had lamb and spinach in a creamy sauce. All served over rice. Don't have a negative thing to say about this place. Servers were very friendly and answered all of our questions. They also serve comp tea with milk.