“Great Irish Pub! Outstanding food!”

Paddy O'Neill's Irish Pub
Ranked #46 of 265 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Experience the comfort of a neighborhood pub and a sip of smooth Irish whiskey or fine foreign beer at Paddy O'Neill's. From our copper topped bar, rich dark wood furnishings, live entertainment, video lottery, and our member's only engraved pewter mugs, Paddy's is the perfect place to enjoy a pint. Outdoor seating is available in the summer, giving patrons a chance to sip one of our beverages while keeping an eye on downtown Rapid City. Paddy O'Neill's is a purveyor of upscale beers and whiskeys with a relaxed Old World feel.
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Great Irish Pub! Outstanding food!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We are locals at Paddy's and love the atmosphere! There is a new chef here and the food is to die for. The daily lunch specials are a great way to save money and have a take on delicious food! Only $5!!!! The pulled pork nachos are my go to food. Absolutely worth every bite!

The bartenders are very polite and super nice - I give them 5 stars!! :)

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank P2121
Adam S, Manager at Paddy O'Neill's Irish Pub, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
We are happy to hear that you enjoy Paddy's as much as you do and hope to see you down here soon! Thank you for the positive review and taking the time to support your local pub

Rapid City, South Dakota
“Used to love this place...”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

This place used to be awesome. Unfortunately the new management screwed things up big time. They started a long time ago but they recently fired one of the best bartenders they had because she got a bad review on this site. Management has, over the past year or so, treated the bartenders like garbage, glaze over the real problems plaguing this place and seems completely inept as to how to run a business. I hope you read this management. I've been a regular here for the last seven years and it has gone downhill. I'll be taking my mug to the Ale House like so many have and they'll get my money as well.

Adam S, Manager at Paddy O'Neill's Irish Pub, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We are truly sorry to hear that you feel the management here at Paddy O'Neill's has screwed things up, we can assure you that the entire team, including management, is doing the best they can to continue the positive vibe that they seek to create for the entire team. It seems as if you have not been given all the information in regards to your concern and since Trip Advisor is not the proper place to discuss what has recently happened with employees we would gladly explain to you what happened in person if given the chance. We assure you that the bartenders are never treated like garbage at Paddy's and the entire team currently employed here enjoys there job with positive vibes rising daily. We hope that some day soon you will take the time to re-evaluate your outlook on Paddy O'Neill's, regardless of the future we would like to thank you for your business over the years and we hope that you enjoy your time downtown at any of the establishments that you choose to occupy.
Dallas, Texas
“Good food bad service”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This place has good burgers & good atmosphere. Live music when I was there on a Friday, however the service was not very good. We even sat at the bar yet the bartender, who's name tag said "supervisor", was not very friendly or attentive. It seemed as though we were bothering her when we ordered our drinks. My group had 2 beers & I had a soft drink. We were friendly & didn't ask for anything other than our drinks. Maybe she was having a bad day, but I have had dinner there before & the server was not very good either.

• Visited March 2014
It is very unfortunate to hear that you came to Paddy's and had such a bad experience, there is no excuse for any of our staff to lack friendliness or attentiveness and we truly apologize for that. Our mission will never consist of making customers feel as if they are bothering us and I can guarantee you that this will not happen again in the future. We have currently had discussions and made changes with the team to assure you that negative experiences such as these will not continue to occur. Next time that you are downtown we hope that you can give us another chance to prove to you that we are a fun establishment and our staff truly enjoys bartending while taking care of our guests with the best customer service possible. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Rapid City
“New Chef”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Super duper on the new chef!! Food back up to great with a fantastic atmosphere!! Love the bar staff - worth the trip!

Visited February 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Not so much”
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in while staying at the Alex Johnson and was NOT impressed. The poor pregnant bartender was alone, working the bar and the tables. She tried but there were just to many people. The menu was very small, really only bar food and apps. I ordered the fish and chips figuring they couldn't really mess that up too bad. They were OK, and did come out quick, but I never got any tarter sauce and had to wait till after I finished my dinner to get a refill on my drink (which were at least free for staying at the hotel). I will say that this seems like it could be a really fun bar when filled and may come back for a beer but not the food.