“Good food bad service”

Ranked #43 of 268 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American, Diner, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Experience the comfort of a neighborhood pub and a sip of smooth Irish whiskey or fine foreign beer at Paddy O'Neill's. From our copper topped bar, rich dark wood furnishings, live entertainment, video lottery, and our member's only engraved pewter mugs, Paddy's is the perfect place to enjoy a pint. Outdoor seating is available in the summer, giving patrons a chance to sip one of our beverages while keeping an eye on downtown Rapid City. Paddy O'Neill's is a purveyor of upscale beers and whiskeys with a relaxed Old World feel.
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This place has good burgers & good atmosphere. Live music when I was there on a Friday, however the service was not very good. We even sat at the bar yet the bartender, who's name tag said "supervisor", was not very friendly or attentive. It seemed as though we were bothering her when we ordered our drinks. My group had 2 beers & I had a soft drink. We were friendly & didn't ask for anything other than our drinks. Maybe she was having a bad day, but I have had dinner there before & the server was not very good either.

Adam S, Manager at Paddy O'Neill's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

It is very unfortunate to hear that you came to Paddy's and had such a bad experience, there is no excuse for any of our staff to lack friendliness or attentiveness and we truly apologize for that. Our mission will never consist of making customers feel as if they are bothering us and I can guarantee you that this will not happen again in the future. We have currently had discussions and made changes with the team to assure you that negative experiences such as these will not continue to occur. Next time that you are downtown we hope that you can give us another chance to prove to you that we are a fun establishment and our staff truly enjoys bartending while taking care of our guests with the best customer service possible. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Paddy O'Neill's Irish Pub

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Super duper on the new chef!! Food back up to great with a fantastic atmosphere!! Love the bar staff - worth the trip!

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in while staying at the Alex Johnson and was NOT impressed. The poor pregnant bartender was alone, working the bar and the tables. She tried but there were just to many people. The menu was very small, really only bar food and apps. I ordered the fish and chips figuring they couldn't really mess that up too bad. They were OK, and did come out quick, but I never got any tarter sauce and had to wait till after I finished my dinner to get a refill on my drink (which were at least free for staying at the hotel). I will say that this seems like it could be a really fun bar when filled and may come back for a beer but not the food.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Love the look of the inside and the fact that they still have a stage and have live entertainers that play. Last but not least the beer is great!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Casual atmosphere, but the food was first class. I had the beef potpie and it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Use the drink coupons that are given to you at hotel check-in for some good savings.

Adam S, Manager at Paddy O'Neill's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Thank you so much for the review, we are very happy to hear that your dining experience was first class and you enjoyed your visit to our establishment. Coming from Colorado, where the food standards are set very high, that is a great compliment. Hopefully we will see you again on your next trip through Rapid City!