“Great ice cream. Great late night stop”

Armadillos Ice Cream Shop
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Rapid City
Cuisines: American
Description: Ice Cream Shop Downtown
Description: Ice Cream Shop Downtown
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Delicious flavor and generous servings. The blackberry was fantastic. All the staff was super friendly and a great social spot. All the customers were friendly chatting it up with whomever.

There are newer reviews for Armadillos Ice Cream Shop

Reviewed September 7, 2013

WE arrived for our after dinner ice cream treat about 5 minutes after closing and the staff were still serving customers. They were friendly, patient and efficient. The ice cream soft serve was delicious and a great value for the price and amount. A cute 50's style walk up ice cream shoppe well worth it!

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I live 2 blocks from this place and my family and I go there every couple of days. Great food as well. I do appreciate being able to try a sample of flavors I'm not sure of. My only request is to have lime flavor more often.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Armadillos serves soft ice cream in generous portions. There Malts, Sundays and all are excellent. Weekly they have a different flavored sherbert. Recommend Armadillos for desert but be prepared to stand in line.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We had asked the staff at our hotel where the best place in town was for ice cream and they didn't hesitate to tell us Armadillo's. They even drew us a map so that we wouldn't get lost. We stopped there three times during our stay in Rapid City. I particularly loved the peach sundae. It had a generous portion of creamy soft serve vanilla ice cream. They added thick ribbons of caramel and finally topped off with a bunch of fresh chopped peaches and pecans! This is my new favorite sundae combo. The place was packed each time we visited but the line moved along in a fast and friendly manner thanks to the competent staff. They had a great system of order taking and fulfillment. If you find yourself anywhere near Rapid City you need to bypass all of those chain places and give Armadillo's a try.

Been to Armadillos Ice Cream Shop? Share your experiences!