“We Love to visit the "Independent Ale!"”

Independent Ale House
Ranked #7 of 277 Restaurants in Rapid City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The first real tap room in Rapid City, an oasis for beer afficianados.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Independent Ale is one of our favorite stops while in Rapid City. They have THE BEST PIZZA IN TOWN! Along with that, the variety of brews are not bad either. We have visited the Independent Ale several times and have always been pleased with the food and the service. We recently tried their gluten-free pizza and loved it. And don't worry if you have to sit downstairs. It's the same great food and the same friendly staff, just downstairs, that's all! We'll be back to this charming place on our next visit to Rapid.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We went out with a large group in the downstairs area, and somehow my boyfriend and I were skipped when the waitress (blonde with dimples and tattoos) took our order. No big deal, so I went to the bar to order. She told me that one of the drinks was only on the tap upstairs and quite frankly, she didn't have the time to go up there. She then asked me to take a water to one of the women in our group. As a former waitress/bartender, I was less than impressed with her service. However, we had a delicious pizza and the bartenders upstairs were extremely friendly!

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Came from Orlando FL for business. Walking downtown spotted indy and had a great vibe. Great beer selection; Danica Dimples helped me with a local IPA, 3 little pigs pizza, and a growler and I was HAPPY! Liking Rapid City.

2  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

If you can snag a seat, the pizza is excellent, the bartenders are awesome and the beer is plentiful.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stop here and get a beer every time I'm in Rapid. They have a great selection and the staff are enthusiastic about their beers. If you want to know more samples are given. Haven't had the pizza here, but it looks and smells awesome. Would highly recommend this place!