“Great tour”

and up
Badlands Standard or Private Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: - BLACK HILLS #1 SAFARI STYLE TOURS - OPEN ALL YEAR - 7 DAYS A WEEK! Convertible-top vehicles ... open for sunny days/closed for inclement weather. View wildlife up-close and safely from inside our vehicles. Full-size Vans and Minivans - SUV's and ATV's for Off Road Tours - Handicap Accessible - Private Tours Available Free Pickup/Return to many area hotels. Tours include: bottled water, fees & snacks. Day Tours also include picnic lunch at lake or waterfall. Local Wine or Craft Beer Tasting Tours. Special Winter SnoTrax Tours of National Forest and Northern Hills. Winter Ice Fishing and year round Fly Fishing. Over 20 tours to select from.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

We visited Rapid City in September and toured the Black Hills with Cindy. What a great tour. We visited Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse, the Wildlife Loop (where we saw Buffalo, antelope and prairie dogs) and Needle Highway. Cindy is a wonderful tour guide. It is such a pleasure to let your tour guide do the driving and you can really enjoy the scenery. This part of the country is a hidden gem. (for us in the East) I have great pictures to remember our day. Thanks Cindy!

Visited September 2013
BlackHillsOpenTop, Owner at Black Hills Open-Top-Tours, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you pbo915 for your taking the time to write this review. I have passed on this review to Cindy along with a 'Great Job" comment. Please feel free to post any pictures on our TripAdvisor or our website.
Thanks again!
Rich

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful & Unique Touring Experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I visited the Black Hills of South Dakota for the first time this week. We used the Black Hills Open-Top-Tours for two days and both tours were extremely personalized and comprehensive. Each of the company's vehicles has a roll-back "ceiling" and this allows you to take pictures of hard to reach places, otherwise, and safely too!
The "Safari #1" Tour is a wonderfully narrated - by the tour guide - visit to Mt Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial/sculpture/museum and also takes you in detail through Custer Park.
We were able to stop in a bison herd and take pictures, view sights from spots that only "the locals" know, and really absorb the history.
Our second day was completely personalized and that allowed us a "local's view" of the Badlands as well as some of the less travelled landscape and local history.
We highly recommend this tour company for either its pre-set tours - or a combination of your own!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank laughterafter
Thanks you very much for you kind review. I really appreciate your working with me on the scheduling. Please come back some time and I will show you some of our hidden treasures.
Thanks again. - Rich

I would also like to thank everyone that previously took the time to write a review this summer.
I appreciate ALL the reviews and comments about our employees and services. It has been a whirlwind season that is now settling down.
For those of you who were 'inconvenienced' by the Government Shutdown . . . I apologize on behalf of our Government (because they won't)!
If you are returning, please call me and I will make sure you have a great time and discounted tours.
Be Well ALL - Rich
Normal, IL
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Took 2 trips - Black Hills (Rushmore, Custer St. Park, Crazy Horse) with Cindy and Pine Ridge and Wounded Knee with Rob. Both were fantastic. This company strives to make the tours long enough so you do not feel rushed anytime during the trip. Further, both guides provided wonderful insight into their areas. Cindy is an experienced hiker / outdoorsy person who knew where to stop for the best photos and animal sites. Rob was very respectful in sharing his native American perspective on the Black Hills and Wounded Knee in particular. I would recommend these trips.

1 Thank Erich B
Schaller, Iowa, United States
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best Choice We Made ALL Vacation!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We decided to do a tour so both my husband and I could enjoy the views and didn't have to worry about the other one driving. Our tour guide was Cindy and she was the best!! She was very informative and showed us things would we have missed if we were on our own! Any questions we had she was able to answer. I would definitely recommend the JEEP..amazing ride and wonderful views!! It was definitely a highlight to our Vacation and enjoyed every minute of the Open Top Tour!!!

1 Thank Mallory R
Mechanicsville Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour Of The Black Hills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I decided to take a tour of the Black Hills area using a professional tour guide. We were not disappointed when we used Black Hills Open-Top-Tours. Rich our tour guide took us to spots that we would have never seen on our own. The open top tour van was Great for picture taking. I would highly recommend Black Hills Open-Top Tours to anyone traveling to this area. I can't say enough about how well my wife and I were treated, and how much we learned about the area.