“Excellent tour”

and up
Badlands Standard or Premium Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: - BLACK HILLS #1 SAFARI STYLE TOURS - OPEN ALL YEAR - 7 DAYS A WEEK! Convertible-top vehicles ... open for sunny days/closed for inclement weather. View wildlife up-close and safely from inside our vehicles. Full-size Vans and Minivans - SUV's and ATV's for Off Road Tours - Handicap Accessible - Private Tours Available Free Pickup/Return to many area hotels. Tours include: bottled water, fees & snacks. Day Tours also include picnic lunch at lake or waterfall. Local Wine or Craft Beer Tasting Tours. Special Winter SnoTrax Tours of National Forest and Northern Hills. Winter Ice Fishing and year round Fly Fishing. Over 20 tours to select from.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Ardmore, Oklahoma
“Excellent tour”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed in Hilton in Rapid City and the concierge advised me to call Rich when I asked him about tours to crazy horse etc and he said it was the best tour in Rapid City. Rich was my tour guide and I have to admit that I really enjoyed the tour. He was so kind, and also very enthusiastic about history, nature, and teaching. Even before I started asking questions, he started telling me about the history as soon as I hopped on the car. He answered my endless questions !! very patiently. Although the tour included only the national park and the crazy horse, he wanted to show my other sites. I learnt so much in just 4 hours! I would definitely choose this tour if I ever go back to Rapid City.

Visited January 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful Tour”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Rich was our tour guide and the trip was great. We took the all day Mount Rushmore tour. We had struggled finding a way for my father to see the sites. He uses a walker and none of the larger companies could accommodate that. We were faced with the real posibility that he would have to stay behind. Then I stumbled on Open-Top-Tours. Rich was extremely easy to work with. He picked us up at our hotel, dad and all, and off we went. The tour was great, and the open top van was cool. We hit all the highlights, but we also saw things we would have missed without Rich. The tour went at our pace and we could really focus on what we wanted to see. Rich was very patient while we loaded dad in and out. Rich is really friendly and he knows a lot about the area. I would whole heartedly recommend Rich and his tours. We hope to return and take the Badlands tour sometime.

Visited August 2012
BlackHillsOpenTop, Owner at Black Hills Open-Top-Tours, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Hi Lisa-
I enjoyed our tour as much as you, you have a wonderful family.

And, I want to thank 'you' . . . in speaking with you before and after the tour, I decided to invest in vehicles equipped for travelers with mobility limitations. I admire the fact that you were so determined to include your father in the tour and not leave him behind. This year I have added a convertible top minivan with a lowered body and electric ramp that can accommodate scooters, wheelchairs and walkers . . . no one has to be left behind. I look forward to your returning to the Hills.
Be Well! Rich
CLEARWATER
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great Tour”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Our tour guide, Rich, picked us up at our hotel, a great convenience. We toured Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, and Custer State Park. Thanks to the open air van, we were able to stand up and take pictures of scenery, animals, and other sights along the way. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and informative, and accommodating when we asked to stop and take pictures. I would definitely recommend this company and Rich to everyone in the area looking for a great way to see the attractions.

Visited September 2012
Riverside, California
“Day Trips”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Rich was our driver for two days of sight-seeing. We visited the Black Hills one day and the 2nd day visited Mount Rushmore, Custer State Park and Crazy Horse. He was exceptionally courteous and made sure we had time to see everything. Never a rush. Will go home with some special pictures because he took the time and showed us unique spots along the way. Highly recommend..

Visited October 2012
connecticut
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We found the Black Hills Open Top Tours to be a most pleasant, comfortable and informative way to see and learn about Rapid City, S.D. and it's environs. During the all day tour through Custer Park, driver and narrator Richard Watkins gave us views and information we
would surely have missed. He was courteous and helpful to us with our 'walker'.

We took another tour the second day to see Mount Rushmore and stayed for the lighted program...a very easy way to see the sculpture and the impressive stage program with patriotic music. And a bed-time return in the van right to our Motel.

The tour van had very comfortable individual seats. a roof-top that could be opened and closed, air conditioned and complete sides of viewing windows. We highly recommend this company.

Visited August 2012
BlackHillsOpenTop, Owner at Black Hills Open-Top-Tours, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review about our tours and our special van. Open-Top-Tours takes a lot pride in offering both entertaining and comfortable tours for our guests. The Black Hills are beautiful and unique, providing an enjoyable tour for all, including those with limitations is our goal. I enjoyed spending time sightseeing with both of you. Be well and again thanks.