“Nice, clean hotel right off the freeway”
Review of Foothills Inn

Foothills Inn
Ranked #24 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Sherwood, Oregon
“Nice, clean hotel right off the freeway”
Reviewed August 6, 2010

The Foothills Inn is an older hotel that has been upgraded. The room was clean and comfortable, and we had a nice place to sleep for the night. Breakfast was pathetic, and I would have expected more for what we paid for the room. We thought about staying another night, but they weren't willing to give us the Internet rate, so we just moved on.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2010

We stayed one night at this hotel on a busy commercial strip in Rapid City during our recent family vacation to Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone and Grand Teton. It's a bit on the pricey side but not outrageous in comparison to other properties in the area. Rooms were good sized and clean. Staff was polite and good at answering questions about restaurants in the area, best spots to visit, etc. The continental breakfast was a little sparse, but not worse than you'd typically find at a hotel like this. I'd stay there again if traveling through the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Lancaster, Ca
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Stayed two nights and found the place clean and comfortable. Convenient parking and a great stay for the value. Special attention from front desk staff memeber Juan made a big difference for us. His manners and constant smile were exceptional. Helped us relax after a long 675 mile drive.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Sumter, South Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2010

This is a very no frills hotel. There is no business center, only 1 computer for emails (and no wireless), the furniture was just a bit worn, and there no refridgerators in the rooms. However, the room (and the rest of the hotel) was absolutely spotless and remained so throughout our stay. I've seen hotels at 3 times the price that weren't that clean. They also offered free extra towels in a cart off the lobby, a free breakfast consisting of cerals, milk, juice & coffee, and some of the most helpful staff I've ever seen.

If you are looking for a 5 star hotel with room service and all the frills, look elsewhere. If you are looking for a clean, quiet, and friendly no frills hotel stay, then I would recommend the Foothills Inn.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank technomage
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed March 28, 2010

First of all, DON't trust the price you see online. We called the hotel and were able to bokk a room with two queen beds for $35 a night! What a steal! Sure, I was hesitant, especially having a 5 year old kid traveling with me. However, you just can't beat the value for the money. Overall, the stay was good; did I mention great value for the money yet?? Free WiFi and parking, too! A bit old, but worth it!

Pluses: convinient location, easy to get to Mt. Rushmore, close to Wal-Mart, gas stations, etc. Once again, cheap! Romm was clean, with some little things here and there: maybe a few "foreign" hairs...But - I consider this hotel very clean, especially for the price. Fresh towels every day, nice housekeeping.

Minuses: no indoor pool. We were ther in March -too early for the outdoor pool season- and were wishing we were in one of the hotel were the pool was available. A bit outdated decor - even though clean- just made me think I couldn't trust the quality. However, never judge based on the look. Breakfast was simple, but great - good variety, even my kid found something she liked. I just wish they had at least some kind of fruit available - all we ate was tons of bready carbs:) Small TV - my kid had trouble seeing the screen if not in front of it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank JannatheMom
Weyburn, Canada
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I phoned down to Rapid City after doing some research on the internet. Low season so some lower prices. Still I was surprised at some of the high prices for the whole area. The Foothills Inn was listed at 60 some dollars/night; when I phoned, a reservation was made for a room with 2 queen beds for.......$ 44/night. I honestly thought it was a mistake until I checked in. Our room was spacious and very clean and the furniture and rugs were fairly new. Good continental breakfast, and friendly service. The outdoor pool was drained already, but it was very small anyways. Very good quality for the price though.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TrentM1
ames, IA
Reviewed November 19, 2009

I stayed in Rapid CIty in the summer at rates of over $150 a night and while this is the off season - the rate of $30 a night for two queen beds. well how can you go wrong. The hotel was conveniently located, it was CLEAN, the room was nice, the breakfast was limited but satisfying. IT was the BARGAIN of the year for me.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends