Canyon Lake Resort
Cambria Hotel & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$201
$169
CambriaHotels
$137
Country Inn
$109
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$139
GrandStay
$125
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rapid City(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$149
Sleep Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$117
Hotels.com
$160
$143
Hotwire.com
Quality Inn & Suites(Rapid City)(Great Value!)
$134
TripAdvisor
$74
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewspaddle boatsfamily reunionbedroom cabinfire pitblack hillssmall kitchenettevisiting mount rushmorerapid city areastaff was very friendly and helpfulsouth dakotalodgestoveaccommodationsattractionsfireplacedeadwood
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Greetings, I have stayed here most every season for the last 5 years. Lovely staff and clean rooms. I have always enjoyed the staff and they have always been very friendly to me. Thank you everyone at Canyon Lake Resort. Let me encourage you to stay and experience a great facility.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MrAttitude
shootingstar46, Manager at Canyon Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your review is very important to us. It's always a pleasure having you stay with us.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We came to rapid for storm clean up and when we first walked it overall it looked clean; then after getting unpacked there were dead and alive bugs everywhere (not kidding I am a female and it no longer scares me when a bug lands on me thanks to this place). There were dead bees everywhere, just goes to show they don't clean thoroughly, I couldn't even put my 10 week old son on his play mat on the floor bc there was a mouse in there, wasps and box elder bugs! We had to call every time we needed towels and then they told us to use our towels a few times to save on items! I also asked for clean sheets bc not once did they change our bedding in the 2.5 weeks we were there NOR did they bring me sheets every time I asked. I also had to call bc our big garbage can would r overflowing and we had no where to put our garbage! I understand they clean the house once a week but clean towels and sheets ate a must every few days.Finally my husband got fed up over this TERRIBLE service that he talked to the manager and she made it seem like it was our fault, sorry but we are the guests, workers should NOT have to be told how to do THEIR job. I will never come back here and I do NOT recommend anyone to waste their money at this place. Also we stayed at the Cattail house the only thing we enjoyed was the view. That's it!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank EHinsch
shootingstar46, Manager at Canyon Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your review is very important to us and although we do not like to hear the negatives, we take them seriously and make every effort to satisfy every customer. Based on your reservation, you were booked at a weekly rate not a nightly rate, which does not include daily housekeeping; therefore towels and other items are available upon request. As you stated housekeeping is done once a week for weekly customers. Regarding the garbage overflowing, we have several garbage cans and a dumpster located on the property to dispose of excess garbage.
We apologize for not checking the Cattail Lodge thoroughly before you checked in. We always touch up and freshen rooms, but with the snow storm that Western SD had experienced our cleaning and desk staff was at a minimum. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. Corrective action has been taken with our staff.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Overall it was a very nice and clean hotel. The room was in a great spot overlooking the lake and every night we had deer in the yard. If you want to be away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Rapid City this is a great place to stay. Prices were reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fletch80
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed in cabin 30 last week in August for 3 days and were extremely disappointed. The room reeked of strong cigarette smoke (this was supposed to be a nonsmoking room) and mold and mildew. The smell hit us hard as soon as we opened the door. The decor is dark brown walls in the tiny space, no closet or place to hang anything up...the windows look as if they haven't been washed in years, a tv that was locked onto hearing impaired captioning...the separate laundry facilities were filthy, dryers ate up our quarters when heat didn't work. The resort owners/managers really need to spend some cleaning up this particular cabin and rethinking their rates for sub-standard accommodations. We have stayed at Candlewood Suites for $99 night which is far superior but the same rate we were charged at Canyon Lake Resort. We can not recommend this facility. The location is beautiful - the one redeeming factor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed in one of their motel rooms 2 nights in August, 2013. Beautiful view of the lake out the front window of the motel room. A very quiet and clean place. Place was built many years ago, but appears to have been well-maintained over the years even if room furnishings look dated. Staff was helpful with any questions we had. Breakfast not offered as part of the deal, but motel room came with a small stove and small fridge. Quite economical compared to most other hotels in Rapid City - will be returning in a month or two, and plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: Motel is "L" shaped - best rooms face the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank George H
shootingstar46, Manager at Canyon Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. Your review is very important to us. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you in a month or two, hope you can stay longer and enjoy the fall season.