“It. was great ! Iwill return !”
Review of Big Sky Lodge

Big Sky Lodge
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Very clean , professional staff and owners. Great view on east side. Nice hot tub and picnic area. Guest laundry , maps and travel information in the office . Comfortable beds and pillows. Refer, micro, and coffee maker in each room . Park at your door . Close to town , restaurants and attractions ie . Mount Rushmore , Wind Cave , Jewel Cave , Devils Tower and more . My friends and I really liked this place and we will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012
There are newer reviews for Big Sky Lodge

Reviewed November 12, 2012

The owners Jay and Alicia, were extremely hospitable....This place was everything that we were hoping for and more.....
I swear....This place is a gem....!
Our whole week at big sky lodge was nothing short of perfect.
Each morning the breakfast with the hostess Elaine was very nice.
The views of the area from the grounds is awsome.
I could go on and on about this place.....
Do yourself a favor and Stay here when in the area. You will be glad you did......

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The Big Sky Lodge is a hidden gem in Rapid City.

I went on-line to find a motel in the Mount Rushmore area and found excellent reviews for this low price, family owned (Jay & Alicia Culbertson) motel.

When I tried to book the Big Sky Lodge for three days in November 2012, the booking site (not sure if it was Hotel.com or a similar site) said that there were no rooms available for my selected dates. I decided to call the Big Sky Lodge, Jay the owner said he had rooms available. When I checked in, I was one of three or four people staying here in the off-season.

My room is not deluxe, but is very clean with two queen size beds, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, free internet service, a CRT television, and very nice people (not in my room). They have free breakfast during the normal season, but not during the off season. A small price to pay for this $40 per night gem.

I am glad that I called, rather than just booking another motel on the internet.

Room Tip: I stayed on the east side (view side), either side is quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This place is great. Nice clean rooms. Nate at the desk was very friendly. Beautiful views of the city from this Motel. One of the nicest budget Motels I have seen. Price was very reasonable. I will stay here vereytime I am in Rapid City area.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the Motel. Beautiful views.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stayed at the Big Sky Lodge for four nights in October. The motel was spotlessly clean and the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The motel sits high on a hill with an outstanding view of Rapid City. The high speed Internet was fast and connected easily. There is so much to do in the Rapid City area, I would definitely recommend a trip there!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked this hotel based on reviews from other Trip Advisor members and was happy I did! Our room was small but clean and I felt totally comfortable and safe. The location was perfect as we went sight-seeing every day. The breakfast was good - bagels, donuts, sweet rolls, english muffins, juice, coffee and some fruit. It was weird getting ice for our room out of the main freezer in the office but that was a minor thing. The young lady working the breakfast room was a kick - she was very friendly and made suggestions for where to go and what to see in the area. She was surprised that we had already done some of them the day of our arrival (Spearfish Canyon, Spearfish Falls, Roughlock Falls). The property has a beautiful view of Rapid City. I took a walk one morning and saw beautiful homes in the area. We enjoyed a beautiful sunrise the day we left. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Picked this motel from the reviews I read on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. The view from the location on top of a big hill is lovely both night and day. We stayed during off season and the breakfast was not available but plenty of great restaurants down the hill a short drive. Peaceful and quiet. Only two other guests. Staff very nice and helpful. It's not fancy but clean and homey. Will definitely stay here if go back to Rapid City.

Room Tip: The back rooms have the best view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family