“Friendly, helpful staff”

Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Madison, Wisconsin
“Friendly, helpful staff”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Rooms were big, clean, & inviting. Check-in staff was extremely friendly and helpful (giving directions, suggesting picnic spots, recommending restaurants). Breakfast was standard motel; hot food (biscuits & gravy, waffles). Good Wi-Fi connection. Elevator to the second floor.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear lfabian47,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I truly appreciate your positive feedback and am glad you enjoyed your stay.

I will pass your kind words along to our staff. It is always good to know that their sincere efforts don't go unnoticed.

Eric Seljeskog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Baxter, Minnesota
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We're moving from MN to CA and stopped here enroute because they take pets. Couldn't book the next night's hotel (in Casper, WY) from my ipad because "Our wi-fi doesn't work for Apple products". Also, while a decent enough hotel, it's right near a busy highway. Every time an ambulance went by during the night, our dogs sang along. It was a long night. On the other hand, breakfast was good and the food service ladies were friendly and efficient. I probably would not stay again unless they had a pet-friendly room on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, away from the highway
Dear Lisa P,

I'm sorry that your stay wasn't up to our usually high standards. Yes we do have pet friendly rooms on the other side of the hotel and when calling us in advance you can usually request that. Whenever you have any type of special need or request I always recommend calling the hotel directly. Never book through third party websites.

Also I know we were having Wi-Fi issues during your stay. I understand that people have come to rely on our internet access and it was very frustrating to everyone that the company we use was not able to fix that in a timely manner. I can only apologize that this happened during your stay.

I am happy that you were able to find a "silver lining" and will pass your kind words along to our breakfast staff.

Safe Travels,
Farmington, Minnesota
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Staff were nice. Room clean. Area central to many attractions. ISSUES with internet connections. Staff said there was a problem connecting if I was using an Apple product...something related to the firewalls used by Apple. I was not the first to complain but it seemed that no one was doing anything to fix the issues. I have never heard of this. They should let potential guests know this ahead of time. I would have booked a different hotel.

Room Tip: If you choose a hotel with wi-fi as one of your requirements, be sure to see if this issue with Appl...
Dear Sandra P,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. Yes we were having problems with our Wi-Fi and it was mainly with Apple products. We were aware of the problem and working to fix it. Although we had someone come in to fix it, unfortunately once they thought it was fixed, the system would breakdown again later that day. I know this was incredibly frustrating for not only you, but also for several other guests as well as us.

It has since been fixed and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to you for the troubles that you experienced during your stay.

Other than the Wi-Fi problem, we hope your stay was a pleasant one and will consider us for your future trips to Rapid City and the Black Hills.

Beckemeyer, Illinois
Reviewed July 29, 2014

When booking this stay I was told that there was a handicap room for a relative traveling with me. When we got to the motel, the lady working there said there was no note that we needed a handicap room and there wasn't any other rooms available. The room we used wasn't accessable to a wheelchair. We had to lift the wheelchair across curbing to get to the room. When I needed ice, the one machine was empty and I was told that it was just emptied out. Staff there didn't know about it.

Room Tip: Just don't plan a stay here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Charles P,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. I would like to apologize that your stay was not up to our normally high standards. Our staff did a very poor job communicating the amenities we have for people with special needs.

I was able to look into your reservations and noticed that your party had several rooms. One of them was a wheelchair accessible room. I can not explain why you were not told which room was accessible so you would be able to utilize those facilities. Also, our hotel has seven entrances. Three of them, including the one you came in through at the main entrance are wheelchair accessible, I can only apologize that those doorways were not pointed out to you at check-in.

Finally, our facility has two ice machines. Once again, I sincerely apologize that the one closest to your room had to be taken down for maintenance during your stay.

We have discussed all of these issues with our staff and will keep these notes as talking points for all future staff meetings in an effort to make sure this does not happen again in the future.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We wanted a nice, inexpensive hotel for our quick trip and this one worked great! The front desk staff were very friendly and quick. The location was literally right off the interstate, making it quick to get to all the surrounding sights. The bed was comfortable, we had a mini-fridge and microwave, and the room seemed pretty clean. Pool area was nice. The breakfast was a bit lacking, since there were no options of protein (no eggs, no meat) so we went out for breakfast the next morning. Overall, we would stay again.

Room Tip: I would ask for a second floor room, not in a corner...we could hear the entry door closing througho...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Traveler5297,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your positive feedback is always appreciated.

I would, however, like to apologize for the lack of "protein" included with the breakfast during your stay. Eggs and sausage gravy are two items that should be on the breakfast menu every day, and I can not explain why they wouldn't have been served the day you were here. I apologize and will personally look into it and hopefully avoid that problem in the future.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a gem in the world of more over priced hotels in Rapid city! Very clean, updated rooms, amazing staff that was attenative to all of my needs! Building and parking lot seemed very safe and secure as well. Breakfast had a great selection, and plenty of room for seating. Will return to this hotel!

Stayed January 2014
Dear abvijoe,

It's always a pleasure to see you when you're in town. We truly appreciate your continued business. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with all of us.

As always, we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Safe Travels,
Martinsville, Indiana
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The front desk (Heather & Shannon) were awesome. They went above and beyond to make our stay an enjoyable one. The location was great for all the activities we ventured out on while in Rapid City. The breakfast staff did a nice job keeping the food well stocked. Our kids enjoyed the pool and pool toys they had on hand. The room was on the small side but location and hospitality made up for it.

Dear Susan B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will pass your kind words along to Heather, Shannon and the rest of the staff. I am certain they will enjoy knowing that their efforts are appreciated and don't go un-noticed.

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you again in the future.