Americas Best Value Inn
Foothills Inn(Rapid City)
Average 3/5
Econo Lodge(Rapid City)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsoutdoor poolroom was cleanblack hillssmoking roomhot tubwaffleseasy accessrestaurants and shoppingfridge and microwavelabor day weekendwould stay here againbiscuits and gravygreat ratereasonable rateslaundry facilitiesstaff was very friendly and helpfulsturgis rally
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2014

the front desk staff is extremely helpful and the rooms are awesome. very clean and very nice. Thanks for everything Reeva. Summer, and all the staff in general. Made the trip alot better knowing that the hotel staff will go out of their way to accommodate.

Room Tip: they are all good rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TcHublein
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

TcHublein,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay with us. I will pass your truly kind words along to Reeva and the rest of the staff. Their hard work is a lot easier when they know it is appreciated.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

I booked five nights at this hotel in June based on the good Trip Advisor reviews. It was an okay stay other than some confusion about moving our luggage from a temporary room on the first night to the room we would have for the next four nights. Per the instruction of the lady at the front desk when I checked in, I left our luggage in our room to be transferred to the new room, but when we returned to the hotel at 3 pm after hiking all morning, we discovered that housekeeping was not informed that they were to move our luggage, and the gentleman at the front desk was quite rude and arguementative. Once they determined what our new room number was, they had me move my luggage myself (even though someone pocketed the tip I had left on the suitcase).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Wheaties59,

We truly appreciate your feedback and taking the time to point out our shortcomings. I apologize for the confusion and lack of follow through by our staff regarding your luggage. As for the rudeness of the gentleman at the front desk, that is completely unacceptable and I believe we have taken the steps to permanently resolve that situation.

Again, I apologize for the less than exceptional experience you experienced while here and hope you will give us another try if your travels return you to the area.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is right off the interstate and convenient to so many restaurants and attractions in the area. Room was quiet. Breakfast was adequate and the staff did a good job keeping plenty of food items available even with so many tour bus patrons staying there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Sandra S,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Your honest feedback is very helpful to future guests.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed July 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for ten days while visiting the Black Hills, and we both enjoyed our stay very much! The staff and management is friendly, and are also very accommodating. We will definitely be staying at this hotel again when we return to the Black Hills next year! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Dustin S,

We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to the Black Hills.

We look forward to seeing you next year.

Happy Honeymoon,

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The area has expensive lodging because of Mount Rushmore (I'd presume) and this was expensive, but more economical than most. It's fairly well-maintained and the people at the front are very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't say there's anything luxurious, but it's clean and more than sufficient which is all it pretends to be. The continental breakfast is pretty good. It is dog-friendly, but for an additional $8/day if I remember right. You're about 30-40 minutes from Mt. Rushmore and within 5-10 minutes of a vibrant downtown Rapid City. The internet connection wasn't very good, if you're depending on that to do a lot of work you will have trouble. But overall, I enjoyed the hotel and the area and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Nupester,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As you stated we don't pretend to be a luxury brand, after all we have "Value" right in our name. Rapid City and the Black Hills are a very popular tourist destination during the summer months and the increased demand tends to drive prices up. We try to maintain an affordable rate but still provide you with the value and customer service that you deserve.

I appreciate you bringing the Wi-Fi issue to my attention and have already moved to correct the problem.

Safe Travels,