“Caring and considering staff”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
“Caring and considering staff”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I would like to commend the staff at Americas Best Value Inn in Rapid City, SD for all the extra hard work they put forth to help us have a pleasurable and safe stay during the blizzard of October 2013. The staff went out of their way to dig out the outdoor grill from piles of snow and grill hamburgers and hotdogs in the freezing cold. We were given extra blankets due to the power outage. I would recommend this inn to all of my friends. Thanks to all of the staff for their caring and consideration. They made a bad situation bearable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
HelenC20132013,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will pass your kind words along to our staff. It was easy to make the best of a very difficult situation when we have guests who are as understanding and patient as you. Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your understanding during a very difficult time.

Eric Seljeskog

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Bowman, ND
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We've stayed here a few times ~ the rooms have always been clean. This time we stayed in a room that had three queen beds. I've never heard of that before, but it worked great for our group so we didn't have to split up. Their breakfast is good ~ continental plus waffles and biscuits/gravy. The location is centralized, so it's easy to get downtown from there or hop on the interstate to go sight-seeing!

• Stayed July 2013
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Sassy426,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.

Safe Travels,
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you have stayed at this chain, this property is one of the better ones in the chain. It is a clean and well maintained property. The entire second floor has been treated for smoke absorption. It is fairly well masked, but I have a sensitive sense of smell. My room was acceptable, but there was a hit of smoke which has been chemically covered up.

The property is adjacent to Chilis and IHop as well as just north of the Mall and just off of the freeway.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north or south side. West or South will pick up freeway noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hiddenshutter,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm pretty sure you stayed just after our "great blizzard of 2013" during which we lost power for three days and the ventilation system in the smoking area was off. We did our best to re-ventilate the area as well as the whole hotel. I apologize for any discomfort this may have caused during your stay and will have the staff re-address the issue and make sure we do all that we can to eliminate any additional odors.

Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were there during the snow storm Oct. 4th - 6th. They went above and beyond what we expected. During the storm we had no lights and could not get out to get food. All of the staff went to great effort to meet our every need.This was our first time their and we would visit with them again if we are in that area.

Betty C.,

I'm so glad you all were able to finally make it home safe and sound. It was quite the adventure that I'm sure none of us will soon forget.

Safe Travels,
Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was with a bus group of 43 enjoying the sights of the area. We had originally had a 4 night stay then that changed with a historic snowfall; we had about 21 inches. I have never lived through a blizzard with the wind howling like a banshee. We stayed another 3 days while the roads were being cleared. I have to say it was quite the adventure and how fortunate we were to be in this place. The management and workers went over and beyond a call of duty to both our group and stranded travelers. The power went out but we managed well. The manager grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for a weary and hungry group. We had a breakfast every morning that came from our "refrigerator", the 10 ft mound of snow outside the patio doors (yogurt, milk, etc), There was an attitude of making the best of a difficult situation. I know I felt I was with friends with the way we were all treated during this unique situation. There is no way I can fully describe the kindness and caring of the people in charge of the Rapid City Americas Best Value Inn. I'm thankful we were here and not stranded out on the road. I will never forget their kindness and under trying conditions make their guests as comfortable as possible. There was a couple from Brazil; many truck drivers and ordinary folks who were so glad to be there.

Sheryl R.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I'm glad you all finally made it home safely. And hope that you find occasion to come visit us again when the weather is a little nicer.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I'm a long distance truck driver from Canada who's truck down 90 miles west of Rapid City SD. The tow truck brought me back here to the closest dealership.

Truck shop recommended and drove me to Americas Best Value Inn. I'm I glad they did.

After waiting 4 or 5 days only to find that it would take them another week I flew home to Canada with the return flight set for Wednesday October 2nd. Thursday October 3rd it started to rain / snow.

The truck was still not ready to do damage parts being shipped.

By Friday morning I woke up to a full blown blizzard. By Friday afternoon we lost power and power remained off until Monday afternoon.

I told you all of that to tell you this the management and staff here at this hotel went way above and beyond to keep everybody comfortable and fed.

There was a bus tour staying here from Kentucky taste was friendly and associated with everyone until these were given the okay to head home Sunday.

Monday afternoon power came back to half the hotel and things slowly returned to normal.

You learn a lot about human nature during times of crisis. This could have been a whole lot worse and for some others in the area during this time it really was. I'm just thankful I was here.

• Stayed October 2013
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. That was quite the ordeal that was made a whole lot easier to bear with the patience and understanding of all of our wonderful guests like you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Mina, South Dakota
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stay acouple or three nights ea. time at least 3 times a year. Clean rooms and very professional and friendly staff!! Close to several restaurants and Rapid City Mall! They except pets which is important to me

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Gary W.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your positive feedback really means a lot to us and we will do our best to keep your expectations of us high.