“GREAT VALUE!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed September 14, 2013

GREAT VALUE! The PROFFESSIONAL AND FRIENDLY STAFF always goes above and beyond, to make certain we feel welcome and that we have everything we need. The rooms are clean and good sized, with free breakfast included. This hotel is conveniently located to several eating facilities and a nice shopping mall. Rapid city is a lovely town with many things to see and do, starting with spectacular MT RUSHMORE, located nearby.
ALL OF THIS...... AND MUCH MORE, AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE!

Room Tip: We have stayed several times and have always been pleased with our room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear srekips,

We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your trip to Rapid City and we hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Our room was well sized, Unfortunately we looked out over the back car park where trucks parked overnight and left their generators running. The air con was a little noisy, however the bed was comfy and bathroom goof, breakfast was good, a lot of healthy food for a change. Staff were very polite, overall a good place to stay and well priced and close to downtown.

• Stayed: September 2013
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Wardies4,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I will pass you kind words on to our staff.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been coming to the Sturgis motorcycle rally for a few years and stayed at various hotels and campgrounds in Sturgis and Rapid City, but I've never been treated so well as when we stayed here.

I understand that is expensive during the rally, but it's usually very frustrating that with all that extra money you usually don't get anything extra in return. Not here. Every night when we got back from riding they had a poolside bbq for the guests. There was a place to wash our bikes with towels, soap and running water. Complimentary bottled water as we headed out into the sun on our daily rides. And the free breakfast was more than adequate.

And the staff was super friendly. They would point out different rides when we weren't sure where to go, and often hanging out poolside during the evening just to socialize and get to know the guests (and from what I gathered) making friends for life. Talking to some of the other guests, they have been staying for over 10 years and it certainly wasn't the first stay for most of them. I know it won't be the last time I stay there.

Room Tip: Book early when coming out for the rally.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mike B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're really glad you enjoyed your stay during the rally. As I'm sure you know, the rally is a huge event and a very important part of the year for most area businesses. So we really try to make it a special time for our guests too.

We truly look forward to seeing you again next year. Until then, keep the shiny side up.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel during August for the past 14 years.This hotel caters to there customers.They are customer oriented and go out of their way to make your stay the best. Reeva the Manager goes above and beyond to help. She has gone to the store for people that couldn't drive to get them things they needed. All guests are treated as family that's why we come back every year. We consider this a family reunion because other guests we have met are now friends and come back yearly as at the same time.

Room Tip: The hotel layout and all rooms are convenient to the hotel pool and lobby. I have stayed in several...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dennis P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Reeva and our staff are truly our best asset, and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let the rest of world know too. I will pass your kind words on to them as well.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Shortly after our check in at America's Best Value Inn in Rapid City on August 28, we realized one of our tires was very low. My husband is handicapped and I wouldn't have even known how to remove the spare. We asked the desk attendant where we might go to have it replaced. He told us most local places were closed for the evening, but that he would be happy to change the tire himself. As soon as his shift ended, he came to our rescue. It was a hot and dirty job, but Pete (didn't get his last name - sorry) labored cheerfully and had it done in no time. Thank you, Pete, for being the epitome of a kind and gracious host.
M. Randolph

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Marsha R,

That's Pete! Most people probably wouldn't bother to help. The few that do, would have done it on the clock. Not only does Pete go the extra mile, but he does on his own time. We made sure he gets taken care of. And I really appreciate you taking the time to remind us how great our staff is.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We made the reservation online at their website (www.americasbestvalueinn.com) and received a reservation confirmation email. When we arrived to check in at the inn, we were told by the hotel reception that the room was no longer available due to the fact that the credit card did not went through when they tried to charge it in the afternoon. We were shocked and appalled to be in a situation where we were left stranded at 10pm without a room, and we were not even given the courtesy to be notified when the reservation was cancelled. It also begged the question why did we receive the reservation confirmation email if they had a problem with my credit card. The charge was actually shown on my credit card statement when I made the booking online. This entire experience had ruined my long weekend break and anniversary celebrations with my partner. I would never consider staying in this inn ever again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kimmy-Anne

Dear Kimmy-Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I would like to apologize for the trouble you experienced booking your stay with us. The confirmation you received while booking your room does not actually attempt to authorized the funds on your credit card, it only establishes that the card has a valid number on it.

Authorization is performed later, manually, only if and when we become full. If the card is declined for any reason our policy is to attempt to contact the person prior to cancelling the reservation. I will meet with our reservation staff to find out what went wrong, why you weren't contacted and what we need to change to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Americas Best Value Inn in Rapid City, SD and my first Sturgis experience. The hotel and staff were very accommodating to the "Sturgis Crowd." I can't say enough about the hotel staff and it's management, they just really went above and beyond for everyone staying at the hotel! When you stay there, they make you feel like family. If I get a second chance to go to Sturgis, I will defiantly book my stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brandon L

Brandon L,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is an important time of the year for us, so we like to make sure everyone has a really good time. The more our guests enjoy their stay, the more we enjoy having you.

We hope to see you again soon.