“Americas Best value Inn Rapid City SD”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel during August for the past 14 years.This hotel caters to there customers.They are customer oriented and go out of their way to make your stay the best. Reeva the Manager goes above and beyond to help. She has gone to the store for people that couldn't drive to get them things they needed. All guests are treated as family that's why we come back every year. We consider this a family reunion because other guests we have met are now friends and come back yearly as at the same time.

Room Tip: The hotel layout and all rooms are convenient to the hotel pool and lobby. I have stayed in several...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dennis P,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Reeva and our staff are truly our best asset, and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to let the rest of world know too. I will pass your kind words on to them as well.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Shortly after our check in at America's Best Value Inn in Rapid City on August 28, we realized one of our tires was very low. My husband is handicapped and I wouldn't have even known how to remove the spare. We asked the desk attendant where we might go to have it replaced. He told us most local places were closed for the evening, but that he would be happy to change the tire himself. As soon as his shift ended, he came to our rescue. It was a hot and dirty job, but Pete (didn't get his last name - sorry) labored cheerfully and had it done in no time. Thank you, Pete, for being the epitome of a kind and gracious host.
M. Randolph

Dear Marsha R,

That's Pete! Most people probably wouldn't bother to help. The few that do, would have done it on the clock. Not only does Pete go the extra mile, but he does on his own time. We made sure he gets taken care of. And I really appreciate you taking the time to remind us how great our staff is.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We made the reservation online at their website (www.americasbestvalueinn.com) and received a reservation confirmation email. When we arrived to check in at the inn, we were told by the hotel reception that the room was no longer available due to the fact that the credit card did not went through when they tried to charge it in the afternoon. We were shocked and appalled to be in a situation where we were left stranded at 10pm without a room, and we were not even given the courtesy to be notified when the reservation was cancelled. It also begged the question why did we receive the reservation confirmation email if they had a problem with my credit card. The charge was actually shown on my credit card statement when I made the booking online. This entire experience had ruined my long weekend break and anniversary celebrations with my partner. I would never consider staying in this inn ever again.

2  Thank Kimmy-Anne

Dear Kimmy-Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I would like to apologize for the trouble you experienced booking your stay with us. The confirmation you received while booking your room does not actually attempt to authorized the funds on your credit card, it only establishes that the card has a valid number on it.

Authorization is performed later, manually, only if and when we become full. If the card is declined for any reason our policy is to attempt to contact the person prior to cancelling the reservation. I will meet with our reservation staff to find out what went wrong, why you weren't contacted and what we need to change to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Americas Best Value Inn in Rapid City, SD and my first Sturgis experience. The hotel and staff were very accommodating to the "Sturgis Crowd." I can't say enough about the hotel staff and it's management, they just really went above and beyond for everyone staying at the hotel! When you stay there, they make you feel like family. If I get a second chance to go to Sturgis, I will defiantly book my stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brandon L

Brandon L,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel. The Sturgis Motorcycle Rally is an important time of the year for us, so we like to make sure everyone has a really good time. The more our guests enjoy their stay, the more we enjoy having you.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We vacationed in South Dakota, August 11-17. After researching many hotels/motels in the Rapid City area, we chose Americas Best Value Inn. What a great choice!! It was centrally located, with easy access to highways and all area attractions as well as restaurants! The Americas Best Value Inn was a nice clean establishment, with nice rooms that looked as if they were updated fairly recently. They offered breakfast in an area off the lobby which was clean and spacious. They had a good selection of hot and cold breakfast items. They also had free Wi-Fi, as well as 2 computers in the lobby sitting room for use in confirming and printing airline information. It is also one of the only hotels with an outdoor pool, which looked very inviting. The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful. Upon checking in, we met Amber at the front desk, she was extremely helpful! I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Rapid City area!!

Room Tip: We had a second floor, non-smoking room. Friends had a room on the other side of the hall...both we...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

DFedor,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. I will pass your kind words along to our staff. It is always good to hear that their efforts don't go unnoticed.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

From the friendly, personable young ladies at the front desk at check in (including the recommendation for pizza), to the clean and very comfy room, the plentiful breakfast, the consistent Wi-Fi, and another great young man at check out, the whole experience was wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2013

Jonathan B.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your kind words along to our staff. I know they will appreciate that you enjoyed your stay as well.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Good....room was clean and furnishings were nice. Breakfast area is large and nice selection of food. Pool area was nice, since it was during bike rally they had complimentary food during the evening hours. Nice hot tub and laundry facilities. Workout room looked nice but did not use it.

The bad....we booked online 8 months out and got a great rate. After first night, we recv call from front desk telling us that we recv the wrong rate and they were raising the rates for rest of our stay, even though we had confirmation showing rate. When we went to front desk, they realized they couldn't change rate because we booked online and they seemed very disappointted they couldnt get more money out of us. I don't trust hotel staff that would try to charge us more than what was quoted online

3  Thank Lisa A

Lisa A.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, but I would also like to apologize for the confusion with the room rate and especially how it was handled on our end. I assure you that we were not trying to pull a fast one. The problem was merely an overzealous desk clerk who thought she had made a mistake and was trying to correct it.

Booking mistakes made by third party websites are (unfortunately) common. However, the problem is between us and the booking site and you should have never even been informed of that mistake, let alone asked to make up for their short comings.

I apologize that this was not handled correctly by our staff and have re-trained the reservations department how to handle these types of errors with the booking websites.