“My Trip to Sturgis”

Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Spent three nights during Sturgis Bike Rally and found hotel, staff, and location all to be great.
The breakfast and outdoor pool parties were a great touch, along with the complementary towels to wipe down the bike after a hard day of riding. I stayed in a Queen Room Pool Side which was comfortable and roomy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thomas S.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed you stay with us and we all hope to see you back here at the rally next year.

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were impressed with our stay, it was very clean, the staff was very friendly. The pool was clean. A little cold, but very nice. breakfast was good! It is close to the mall, I 90 was easy to access, it has a lot of food/restaurant options within a mile or two of the place.
We would definitely come back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Kristi R,

Thank you for taking the time review our hotel. I appreciate you positive comments and I have already asked maintenance to check the pool temperature and adjust the heater accordingly.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We were in RC a few weeks ago and decided to try this place. This was the first time in this brand of hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked the lobby decorations..kind of a cabin feel. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was good, I like the choices with out the price, especially with kids. The pool was very nice also, a great thing to have in the heat that RC can have. Bottom line it is a great place at a great price with the amenities that I was looking for. I liked the location as it had several choices of restaurants nearby

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Shawn L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you "liked it". I hope now that you've had a chance to check us out, you will consider Americas Best Value Inn a little more often. You might be surprised.

But I do recommend that no matter what brand you choose, you always check TripAdvisor first for an honest opinion.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I rated a 5 for cleanliness, everything in the room was fairly clean, there was an issue however with the crooked lamp shades. But overall it was pretty clean and well put together. The location was fairly sketchy, beings as it was next to a fairly creepy area but it was next to decent places to eat and gas stations. The rooms were clean and very well put together, besides the crooked lamps it was pretty good. The service was very friendly, at times overly friendly. While we were sitting out next to the pool, a pool boy took off his shirt while it was night out in front of us to pull out pool toys. This was fairly disturbing. We payed alot for these rooms. I feel like it was overpriced, perhaps it was for the pool side entertainment. The breakfast was great and so was the hot tub. I'd recommend this hotel if u enjoy poolside entertainment and don't mind spending some extra money for the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I have taken your comments to heart and passed them along to the appropriate parties. I have talked with maintenance/front desk about undressing out in public, and I have tasked the head housekeeper with making sure all of the lamp shades in the hotel have been straightened.

And finally, we do have a security company for the property. I will speak to them about making themselves a little more visible to the guests.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We're on a 12 day road trip with a 5 and 9 year old, in a new hotel each night and trying to stay in the $110-140/ night range. This hotel was very welcome over the bad experience we had in Gillette at the national 9 hotel. First thing I noticed was a nicely appointed lobby with things for travelers and trinkets for kids, followed by a fresh smell of clean. We stayed in a double queen room, which is normal size, and comfy beds. We quickly made our way to the outdoor pool to enjoy the last remnants of sun. The pool is large, very clean, and comes stocked with floats and noodles and nice loung chairs.
Breakfast is normal stuff with a good selection of cereals, breads, yogurt, juices, tea, coffee, waffles, sausage biscuits . The staff was super helpful helping me carry trays while I worked on the kids plates and opened the deck door for me when I was carrying multiple things.
Enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2013

mattkingston,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. I will pass your kind words along to our staff. We hope you'll stop by and see us again if you ever back this way.

Travel Safe,

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I don't want to give this place a bad review, but I can't give a great review either. First of all the service was ok, but not the friendliest group in the hospitality industry. As soon as we got in our room we smelled a bad odor, kind of a musty smell. The bed was not the most comfortable either. However, breakfast was pretty good. All in all I did not get what I paid for in my opinion.

• Stayed: July 2013

NateB4,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry your stay wasn't up to the high standards we strive for. I have passed your comments on to our housekeeping and maintenance staff to addressed immediately.

I sincerely hope that when you're in the area again you will consider giving us another chance.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I spent some time looking for a hotel with an outside pool. It was our seventh anniversary on July 4, 2013. All I wanted was a quite place, clean and comfortable for us to enjoy our day together. Mind you, it was July 4th. I had a limited amount of money to spend for a room, dinner and whatever else my wife might want to do. As a local to the area we all know how expensive hotel are in the area. So I go into the hotel and ask to speak with the General Manger. She came out and spoke to me. I told her what I was up to and how much money I had to spend for a room and dinner. She make us a great deal and it was worth it without question. The staff was was great and made my wife feel welcome. we spend the day beside the pool togerher, read our books and watch the other quest play. We had a hour in the hot tub, dressed and walked to dinner, had enough money left to take the wife to see a movie. Thank You, Ms. General Manager!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The King rooms are cozy and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Brimm,

Happy Anniversary! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.