“Our Honeymoon Experience”

Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Rapid City
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Our Honeymoon Experience”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My parents and I have been visiting the Black Hills for the past 18 years---and for the past 12 years we have been staying at this specific hotel. My wife (Alisha) and I recently got married this May, and we took our honeymoon to the Black Hills. I insisted on staying at this hotel, and both my wife and I were very pleased with the accommodations as well as with the staff. On our first night, the coil on the fridge went out (as can happen with any appliance). I told the staff member at the desk, Pete (who is one of the nicest guys I have ever met), who apologized and immediately fetched us a replacement fridge.

Another significant story from our trip: Alisha and I planned our honeymoon to end just before memorial day (when all of the hotel prices everywhere suddenly spike due to tourism). We stayed the first six nights of our trip at this hotel, and the last three nights at a different hotel in Keystone. However, there was so much more Alisha and I wanted to see and do on our honeymoon that we went to the front desk and inquired about attaching two additional nights to the end of our trip. [[The hotel manager was so nice and understanding that she did not charge us the memorial day weekend prices for our final two nights]]. It is because of this experience and all of my other experiences that I will continue to stay at this hotel with each year we return to the Black Hills.

And as for the negative reviews on here. Yeah, I understand that you had a particularly bad experience on your trip. But please remember, nothing is perfect, and there will always be isolated bad experiences amongst the good ones, no matter where you go. This was my 13th time staying at this hotel, and I keep coming back because my average experience with them is still pretty darn good.

-Dustin S, from Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Room Tip: There is an outdoor swimming pool that is open until 10pm(?); so if you are concerned with kids maki...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dustin S
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dustin S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry for the trouble you had with the fridge, but am pleased that we were able to resolve the issue quickly and to your satisfaction. More over, I am grateful for your understanding that problems are inevitable and that the true measure is how those problems are dealt with.

We truly appreciate your continued business and honestly look forward to seeing you again.

Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Kissimmee
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked a night in America’s Best Value in Rapid City. It cost us $175 and what we got was comparable to a Motel 6. Rooms the size of a postage stamp. Traffic noise right outside the room is deafening. They messed up our reservation and it took 45 minutes to check in. There are no outlets for computers or chargers. Had to unplug the light to plug in my C-Pap. There is no desk. Had to use a small round table to work at. The heat was a challenge to say the least. Will never stay in one of these hotels again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jackie m
Jackie M,

I am so sorry that your stay with us wasn't up to our usual standards. I have made note of your comments and immediately addressed the problems with your check-in and A/C. I have discussed the other issues with our staff in an effort to resolve those problems as well.
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This property had great reviews and a reasonable price so we decided to try it. We were happy with our stay. Room was clean and seemed newly updated, front desk was friendly. Free continental breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
jhager83,

Thank you so much for the positive review. As you can see, honest reviews can really make a difference. I will pass your kind words on to our staff.

Safe travels, and I hope we can see you again some time.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great location off the highway for exploring the area. Room was clean. Front desk service was friendly and quick. Breakfast was pretty average continental, but did offer some things hot (biscuits/gravy, waffle iron).

Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
ChaddieB,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We really appreciate it! I will pass your kind words on to our staff.

Sheridan, Wyoming
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past 1 1/2 years. The rooms are small but have everything you need for an overnight stay, the facility is very clean and the beds are as comfortable as any of the expensive hotels where we have stayed. Breakfast is included. There is an indoor hot tub and an outside pool. If you are a family and plan on an extended stay you might want a larger facility. If you are passing thru Rapid City and want a clean and comfortable room in a pleasant and friendly facility this place is perfect. Take the money you save and enjoy dinner out in one of the many restaurants in the revitalized downtown area.

Room Tip: This hotel faces I-90 so rooms at the back are quieter. If those rooms are not available the highway...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cami S
Cami S.,

Thank you for you taking the time to review our hotel. Your kind words go a long way in helping us keep our costs low. Safe travels, and I hope we can see you again.

Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. The room had microwave and refridgerator. Great price and good location to the area. We were able to walk to quite a few places.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Darlene T
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Darlene T,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your kind words help us keep our costs low and customer expectations high.

Desert Hot Springs, California
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Clean rooms, free breakfast, good location, priced right, friendly staff helpful with local questions and good choice of restaurants within walking distance and a convenient mall.
Would recommend the best value in the area.

• Stayed May 2013
Eric S, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Clear, concise and to the point. Thanks for the great review!