“Nice, but way over priced!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 51 Hotels in Rapid City
Wisconsin
“Nice, but way over priced!”
Reviewed July 9, 2009

We visited this hotel for two nights on our way home. All Rapid City hotels are over-priced, but this one is way over-priced for what you get! Of all the hotels we stayed at during our trip, this was the most expensive, yet nothing made this one stand out. It apparently won the award for Comfort Inn of the Year a few years ago, but I don't know why.This is a nice hotel, but basic, nothing special. I was really expecting way more! We requested a fridge, but didn't get one. Our first room smelled like smoke, so I asked the housekeeper working down the hall to come in and see if she could smell it. Her response was, "I didn't clean it!" so I explained why I was asking her; I just wanted her opinion. I then called the front desk. What I didn't appreciate was we were told to bring everything back down to the front desk, so we had to haul all of our stuff back down to the lobby just to be handed a new set of keys and sent back up to a room two doors down. Why one of the clerks couldn't have just run the keys up to us, I don't know. Also, no one ever apologized for the inconvenience! The rooms seem a little small, but they are clean. The breakfast was fine. This hotel is just a basic stay that's way over-priced, but it is clean and easy to get to.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2009

I chose this hotel because it got an award for the hotel and I was disappointed. We arrived around midnight and the clerk informed me that she was about to give away our room. I already paid for the room yet she was going to give our room away.

Then I tried to get wifi guess what a big hotel like this had no wifi. They had Ethernet and the cord was so short that I would have to be stuck to a desk when I wanted to use my computer on my bed.

Breakfast area was large and it was very crowded both days. They only had one person replenhising food thus food choices were limited.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We had a great stay at this Comfort Inn. Very comfortable beds, clean rooms and a really great pool area. Very good breakfast & spacious breakfast area. Ruby Tuesdays in the parking lot delivered which was really handy as well. Definitely one of the nicest Comfort Inns we have stayed at.

Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank charlestonchick
beaver dam, wi
Reviewed June 21, 2009

very clean, nice continenal breakfast and a attendent for breakfast bar, very quiet hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank jackson129
Assiniboia, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2008

By far the nicest Comfort Inn I've ever stayed at. Plus it is in probably the most convenient area if you are trying to access any of the area's major attractions (i.e. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Cosmos, Reptile Gardens, etc.). I would recommend this hotel to absolutely anyone!

• Liked — Absolutely everything.
  • Disliked — There aren't more hotels like this one.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MN
Reviewed August 27, 2008

We stayed here four nights and we found it to be a great place to stay. Very conveniently locatated to all of the Rapid City attractions. Very comfortable rooms and beds. Everything was kept clean and very organized. Free continental breakfast was very good. Nice pool and outdoor patio area and the hotel had plenty of parking. You will not find a nicer or more pleasant place to stay. Ruby Tuesday restraurant next doors had a fabulous salad bar and above average food.

• Liked — Very clean and quiet
  • Disliked — Lots of clorine in the pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank steven15516
ogden, ut
Reviewed July 12, 2008

We reserved our rooms 3 months in advance ... We asked to have our rooms on the 1st floor due to physical reasons and to have 2 adjoining rooms ... When we got to the hotel she [the girl at the desk: SS] gave us 2 rooms on the first floor across and down the hall from each other … she said that was all they had … the one room had the adjoining door … and I said there is no one in the other room … but she said that room was reserved for disability … and I might add she said it very snotty … I told her we had made the arrangements 3 months earlier and she said “well you’re just lucky you got as close as you did” ... Also very snotty … I told her there should be no luck involved we had made the reservations 3 months ago … then we noticed the next day they had put someone in the room that didn’t appear to be disabled ... My sister and I had the 2 rooms with our children … and our 96 year old mother … we were jointly taking care of her and the attached rooms would have been really a help … as it was we had to keep going across the hall … sending her back and forth … it was really inconvenient … and not to mention the hole in the floor that we almost fell in several times … I finally went to the front desk and told a girl about the hole and she was surprised to see it … and said she would get someone on it immediately … well 2 days later I didn’t see anything being done not even an orange cone put over it … then after checking our bills after we left we noticed that the charge had been added to our bill for the use of the safe … which we hadn’t used … I did call the hotel and after talking to the manager the cost was refunded … and I might mention at no time did the manager inquire how was my stay … or I would have told her … but apparently she wasn’t concerned …

• Disliked — snotty desk help
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family