“Was exceptional all around.”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Rapid City
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We were staying in the Inn as my husband was to have a back operation close by. We have been in this Inn before and are never disappointed. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the Inn itself is immaculate. The breakfast is very good. I had to stay an additional two nights due to my husband not being out of the hospital as planned. The staff was so accommodating to me and kept me in the same room. The whole building was very quiet which is very unusual for any place where we have stayed before. We even had Ruby Tuesday deliver one night and then could walk on another night as it is so close. If you need to stay in Rapid City, then this is the Inn where you want to stay.

Room Tip: If you are affected by people coming in and out of the Inn, then try to get a room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
RapidCityComfortInn, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you Carole for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. All of us here hope your husband is up and around, and feeling better. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit it Rapid City.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

I felt, the service was very good. The rooms were really nice. I did not like the noise coming out of the rooms or between them; because of the thin walls. The exercising room was excellent. The breakfast was good!

Room Tip: Overall, it was a good trip.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I have made this my regular hotel when I visit Rapid City. It is off the beaten path enough so there is no interstate noise but it is very close to downtown Rapid City and several good restaurants.
We stayed in the jacuzzi suite and enjoyed it very much. Very relaxing and a quiet overall nice place to stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katie L
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed here for 3 days on a business trip. The front staff was very friendly and accommodating. Their breakfast selection was good. Their fitness room was clean and had a good variety of equipment. There is a Ruby Tuesday's within walking distance.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Josh S
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We chose Rapid city to stay 2 nights when we were planning out trip to visit Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse. What a gem! It sets on a hill just off a main road with many resturants and retail shops. The hotel staff was warm and friendly, especially Steve at the front desk. He helped us with restuarant suggestions and directions as well as advice on visiting Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse.

The hot breakfast in the large dining room was delicious and plentiful. The waffles were wonderful along with the eggs and breakfast meats. There was a large selection of tasty breakfast pastries as well.

This hotel is the best Choice Hotel property we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor with good views of surrounding area.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had such a great stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites over Christmas with our twin toddlers that we decided to stay again when we came out for a funeral in October. Little did we know we would be arriving at the start of a major blizzard! Rapid City had 21" inches of snow and it shut down the entire city. We were fortunate as we had power for all but 30 mins of our stay as several family members were at hotels without power. The staff was simply amazing. They worked so hard to help everyone with their needs. They kept the breakfast area open and stocked for lunch and dinner for the stranded travelers while taking phone calls and answering a multitude of questions about road conditions, airport closure, changes in reservations, room availability, etc...all done with courtesy and customer service in mind. Courtney and Steve should be commended for their efforts during this stressful time. Dan did a fantastic job clearing out the parking lot in short order. Everyone staying at the hotel worked together to help whether it was trash removal from rooms (no way housekeeping could have made it in), helping with kitchen duty or helping with snow removal. We ended up having to extend our stay an additional night due to I-90 being shut down until late afternoon and they held our room for us. There were several families with small children and the staff was very understanding of cooped up toddlers playing in the hallways by the pool and lobby. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Read the reviews on the hotel prior to bus tour and got a big scared. Some horrible remarks on condition and staff. I found staff to be GREAT. Arrived two day before bus tour was to start to go with a local friend to see what tour didn't offer. Well he backed out and left me stranded.I was on the verge of tears and the front desk suggested for me to get a car. I rented a car and off I went. I had a ball and didn't think of that so called friend one time. Hotel was at the top of a mountain but it was a hill I'm from Miami and anything over 6' is a mountain to me..LOL.. There a Ruby Tuesday down the steps, Wendys and Taco Bell down the hill and a service station with lots of goodies. The hotel carried PEPSI which I like BETTER that coke. So that made me very happy. Rooms was quite, clean (NO complaints here). Only problem is me walking down the hill into town and then puffing back up. Staff each day asked if they could help since they knew my friend backed out. They gave me maps suggestions and made me feel great..Used the pool and Jacuzzi (which my legs loved after that hike up the hill) Great breakfast, eggs, saugage, all kinds of rolls/bread/bagels..put on 8 lbs over the trip but I enjoyed myself..THANKS AGAIN to the two gals working the desk most days.. PS for the ladies there's a BLACK HILLS GOLD JEWELRY STORE NEXT DOOR...DO THE TOUR!!!! ITS AMAZING

Room Tip: I had 206 Three rooms away from the ice machine which I use alot. Don't think there would be a b...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo